Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Monday, November 30, 2009

{Holiday Gift Giveaway #20} BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active





BabyBjorn is one of the top competitors when it comes to comfortable baby carriers. They have a nice variety of front carriers that are designed to cater to a mom's specific needs, and it was obvious to me from my first visit to their website that it is very important to them that their customers find the perfect baby carrier for their lifestyle. Check out their comparison guide and take the Which Baby Carrier is Right For Me? quiz, and you'll find the carrier suited especially to you and your little one. Baby carrier shopping can be overwhelming, right? Well, BabyBjorn takes the work out of it!

I took the quiz myself - it asks the important questions that need to be addressed when looking for a good carrier like:
  • Will you only be carrying your child only in infancy or do you want to wear him or her as long as possible (25 lbs or up)?
  • Will you be carrying your child for short periods or long periods of time?
  • What is your height?
My daughter is 23 pounds, so I knew a special baby carrier would be needed. My quiz result told me that the Baby Carrier Active was the right carrier for me, and after reading the specifications and information about it, I knew that the quiz was right-on.

BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active Review




The BabyBjorn Baby Carrier active is made for moms like me who want to carry their children as long as possible. Some kids just want to be carried, and I figure that if they want to stay a baby for a little bit longer, it's a good thing! Anyway, it has excellent lumbar support and padded shoulder straps, and can carry babies from newborn to 26 pounds.


How it works: You really cannot find a better how-to demonstration than the one on the BabyBjorn website! It includes photos for every step and is very easy to follow.

What I love:
  • The style and color selection!
  • It does distribute weight evenly and, with a little adjusting, you can make it so that most of the weight is carried using your back rather than your shoulders.
  • The carrier comes in two pieces, the front and the back. It all snaps together easily with color-coded parts.
  • It is machine-washable.
  • It is very sturdy with great lumbar support and carries babies up to 26 pounds.
  • The instructions are very clear and are printed on the inside of the carrier, so you don't have to try to keep tabs on a booklet (yay!).
  • Child can face front or back.
My Experience:

Finding an adjustment that made it comfortable to carry a 23-pound toddler facing out was not easy. I'm thinking Emma is about at her limit for being carried in a front pack facing out. It reminds me unpleasantly of being pregnant in the last trimester. ;-) My husband probably could handle it, but not me. Because it is adjustable around the middle in two places (not the shoulder straps themselves), I had to make it pretty tight around my rib cage to get it at a comfortable carrying position. I definitely won't be carrying Emma facing out anymore. This is not the carrier's fault at all.

I'm not able to test the facing out carry position on a lighter baby (yet), but I'm very sure that it would be more comfortable carrying a smaller, lighter child.

Now when I turned Emma around and had her face inward toward me, like I normally carry her in my arms, that was a totally different story. It was very comfortable! Emma was comfortable, too - she rested her head against my chest and was really enjoying the bonding time. This is a child who won't sit still for two seconds - she liked it! I was delighted as well because her weight is carried just at the right place on my back and I found myself relaxing while walking around with her. I can see myself strolling through the mall carrying her that way, or maybe trying to soothe her to sleep while we're out.

I've decided I need to start bringing this carrier with me whenever we go anywhere because if she gets tired, I can always pull out the BabyBjorn. I can tell you right now that this is a lot more comfortable than carrying her with just my arms would be. I've seen enough toddlers poop out (hardy har) on a walk or a shopping trip to know that this would be very useful to a lot of moms.

Conclusion: This is the nicest baby carrier I've come across so far in terms of design, ease of adjusting, style, and general comfort, and I would recommend it without hesitation! My recommendations would be that moms of infants to one year olds enjoy the ability to wear their children facing in or out, and moms of heavier children like mine (probably 20-26 pounds) plan on wearing their children facing inward. I think this is an especially good purchase for a mom of a newborn because they'll be able to wear their baby for a very long time and will get a lot of use out of it! Moms of heavier babies who are active often (hiking, shopping all the time, etc) and want to carry their growing children should also be able to get a lot of use out of the BabyBjorn.

Buy it!

The BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active is available in a variety of attractive color combinations and retails for about $129.99. Right now you can buy the black/red baby carrier active from Amazon.com for only $92.50 (free shipping, too!).

The Baby Carrier Active can also be bought organic!

Giveaway Closed!

Prize info: One lucky commenter will win an orange/black BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active just like mine! Open to US and Canada!

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit BabyBjorn and tell me in a comment what else you would like to own!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)

Get 1 extra entry for each: Add my button to your sidebar ♥ Become a Facebook Fan ♥ Follow my blog ♥ Subscribe to my blog by feed reader ♥ Subscribe to my blog by email ♥ Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) ♥ Tweet this giveaway ♥ Share this giveaway on Facebook

Get 2 extra entries: Add my Giveaway Extravaganza Button to your sidebar. (Find it in my right sidebar)

You can Copy/Paste this Sample Tweet:
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier #Giveaway - Win a BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active! http://bit.ly/59J07b @kindred_spirit
Giveaway will be closed on December 15 at midnight and winner notified by email - good luck, everyone!

Disclosure: The review product(s) were sent to me free of charge by the company or manufacturer in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content, my own true experiences with the product(s), and my own opinion. :-)

See full review, giveaway, and disclosure policy here.

Photobucket

122 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I would also love to own the Babysitter Organic Balance. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Mami2jcn said...

I also like the BABYBJÖRN Plate and Spoon.

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

Mami2jcn said...

I have your lovely button.

http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

Mami2jcn said...

I have your giveaway extravaganza button.

http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

#1

Mami2jcn said...

Email subscriber

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I would love to have the Smart Potty in green for my son when it comes times for potty training!
es1237 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

got your button!
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/
es1237@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am a FB fan!
emily cotton
es1237 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

i follow your blog
es1237 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

i subscribe via email
es1237 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

got your giveaway button!
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/
es1237@gmail.com

Unknown said...

got your giveaway button!
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/
es1237@gmail.com

Unknown said...

http://twitter.com/missemmielou/status/6216517442
tweeted
es1237 at gmail dot com

Giveaway Lady said...

I think the Eat and Play Smock is cute. Please enter me. Thanks!!
esterried[at]yahoo[dot]com

Unknown said...

I would love the Babysitter Balance in the red and black color!!!

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I subscribe by email. THANK YOU~

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Trung Nguyen said...

I also like the Wooden Toy for Babysitter.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I'm your facebook fan (trungchem2002).

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow your blog.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I subscribe via reader.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I subscribe via email.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow you on twitter (cistran).
trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I shared this giveaway on facebook.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Grace said...

nice website @ BabyBjorn. i'd like to have a smart potty. : )

joyingod2002@yahoo.com

Eileen said...

I am now a Facebook follower too!
thank you! ( eileen richter)

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

The Fam said...

I would love the Organic carrier, makes a great product even better!
shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

The Fam said...

I follow you on Twitter (@channynn).
shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

Maggie said...

I like the new Synergy carrier. Thanks for the giveaway!

Luv to Save said...

I would love to own the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance Organic.
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

have your button http://luvtojoingiveaways.blogspot.com/
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/Luv_to_Save/status/6290575910
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

Giveaway Extravaganza Button
http://luvtojoingiveaways.blogspot.com/
luvtosave at gmail.com

Liz said...

i'd try out the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance, too.

Emily B said...

The BABYBJÖRN Travel Crib Light is pretty awesome, too!
ebickell at hotmail dot com

Emily B said...

I follow your blog!
ebickell at hotmail dot com

Emily B said...

I've got your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my blog, Emily's Latest at
http://emilyisland.blogspot.com

ebickell at hotmail dot com

Emily B said...

Giveaway Extravaganza button entry #2!
ebickell at hotmail dot com

Laurah said...

I would also love to have the Travel Crib Lite

A said...

tweeted here: http://twitter.com/jkalstrup/status/6357315923


jkalstrup@unomaha.edu

A said...

following on twitter (jkalstrup)


jkalstrup@unomaha.edu

A said...

i like the BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy

jkalstrup@unomaha.edu

Amanda said...

I like the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance Organic.

Brn2lisn said...

I like the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance

brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

Jonnie (JB) said...

The babysitter balance looks awesome!

dftrew(at)gmal(dot)com

Jonnie (JB) said...

I tweeted
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier #Giveaway - Win a BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active! http://bit.ly/59J07b @kindred_spirit

dftrew(at)gmail(dot)com

Jonnie (JB) said...

Sorry, here is my tweet link:
http://twitter.com/edmontonjb/status/6375761122

dftrew(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I like their babysitter balance. It's a bouncer that looks like it might actually be easy to transport. Some bouncers look so heavy that it's not worth the trouble to take them with you when you're visiting grandparents. This one wouldn't be a problem at all.
nmikesel(at)yahoo(dot)com

mogrill said...

I like the Eat and play mat. Thanks for the chance.
mogrill@comcast.net

Elizabeth Turner said...

I also like the soft bib - other kinds, as one dad said, "just move the food from the shirt to the pants"!

elizabethglassturner (at) gmail (dot) com

Elizabeth Turner said...

I subscribe :)

elizabethglassturner (at) gmail (dot) com

Andrea said...

I would also love to own the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance Organic! Thanks for the giveaway!
andreapaetkau at gmail dot com

Andrea said...

I follow your blog!
andreapaetkau at gmail dot com

Andrea said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/ampaetka/status/6455236301
andreapaetkau at gmail dot com

Amy said...

Love the Babysitter Balance
atndwj@gmail.com

Niecey said...

The eat and play smock looks great and very useful!

Niecey said...

I have your button on my sidebar



http://goodieslist.blogspot.com/

Niecey said...

I subscribe to your emails

nieceydoc@yahoo.com

Niecey said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/goodieslist/status/6456957949

Bombtastic Belle said...

i also like the babysitter balance
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Annmarie Weeks said...

I follow thru Networked Blogs! (Annmarie Dipasqua Weeks)

Annmarie Weeks said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/amweeks/status/6597470410

Melissa Butler said...

I would also heart having the Travel Crib Light ~ would be perfect for taking our little one to be between auntie and grandma's place...I am thankful that they will be helping watch our little girl once I have to return to work.

Unknown said...

I would really like to have the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance! Great products! Thanks!

sherri419 at gmail dot com

Karen said...

Love the Babysitter Organic Balance also.

ktgonyea at gmail.com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I'd like to have the BABYBJÖRN Safe Step!
Thanks!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I follow your blog! mom2anutball

hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I subscribe via email!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Hotsnotty2 said...

I also love the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance, thanks!

Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I would love to own the Baby Bjorn Smart Potty.
ag1414@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/ag1414/status/6687258004

Angela G said...

I shared on facebook. angela.gaffke
http://www.facebook.com/ajax/share_dialog.php?s=99&appid=2309869772&p[]=1322192489&p[]=242326945829

helenlam said...

I like the BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance Organic

Wehaf said...

I'd also love a babybjorn smart potty!


urchiken at gmail dot com

Tylerpants said...

I like the red BabyBjorn potty chair...we'll be needing it next year (I hope)!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

I'm a Bloglines feed subscriber
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

I'm an email subscriber
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Kathy P said...

following on fb networked blogs kathylpease

Kathy P said...

http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/6719032389

Kathy P said...

posted on fb http://www.facebook.com/#/KathyLPease?ref=profile

Unknown said...

I want to own the Travel light crib!
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I'm a facebook fan
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I follow your blog
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter (tobinsmommy08)
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe by e-mail
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe by feed reader
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have your button
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Stephanie said...

I like the Babybjorn babysitter balance air.

Unknown said...

I have your giveaway extravaganza button #1
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have your giveaway extravaganza button #2
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/tobinsmommy08/status/6721633869
rachel_demille@yahoo.com

Dawn Reid said...

I would love to have the Smart Potty.
mightynaynay(at)cs.com

Jinxy and Me said...

I'm following your blog in Google Friend Connect.

Jinxy and Me said...

tweet http://twitter.com/ThriftyJinxy/status/6722127527

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004