Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Safe Sporter ♥ Review *Giveaway Closed*




Remember the Safe Sippy 2 review that I shared last month? Well today I'm going to introduce you to the Safe Sporter, a new cup that Kid Basix has added to their "Safe" line of stainless steel products. Now your infant can use the Safe Starter, you can grab a Safe Sippy 2 for your toddler, and your older children can take the 12-0z Safe Sporter anywhere (this size is perfect for lunchboxes, too). There is even a 16-oz size for adults or big kids!

According to Kid Basix, the Safe Sporter features:
  • A removable dust cap to keep the spout clean.
  • Single-walled design for increased capacity.
  • A colorful protective band to protect hands from cold liquid.
  • A footpad ("coaster") to prevent rings on tables and protect the bottom of the bottle.
  • Three bright, modern colors per size.
My Thoughts/Review:

Thanks to Kid Basix, I was able to review a 16-oz Safe Sporter.

I like the way the Safe Sporter is made - it's comfortable to grip, is designed attractively, and the dust cap is a really nice feature. I also found it easy to take along without having to worry about leaking.

The Pull Spout: My husband plays basketball and grabbed the Safe Sporter right before a game. I thought it would be a great opportunity to hear his take on the cup and eagerly awaited his opinion so I could share it with you all. He came back complaining that he had to hold the pull spout all the way out with his teeth while taking a swig - he couldn't get the water fast enough on breaks. So he wasn't real impressed - BUT I have to keep in mind that these guys need to drink a lot during their two-minute-or-so breaks. John's issue was that it wouldn't come out fast enough, but I suspect he would have preferred a plastic squeezable water bottle. I myself took a drink and found that the spout does slip to the halfway position. This doesn't stop me from getting plenty to drink in a swig, though. I didn't have a problem with it and most kids won't, either.

Note: I contacted Kid Basix about this and was told that this is going to be corrected in the next production run - the spout will be able to be held in the "open" position more firmly. For now, this is not a problem for most people - the only complaints have been from moms of children 18 months-2 years because these children have been breastfeeding and push the spout in accidentally.

I suspect that my husband is just picky. ;-) But I thought you should know.

Conclusion:

I think that this is a great product - I am very satisfied with it and feel that is it superior to what you would find in the travel or sport cup section in stores. I'm loving that it's stainless steel, too. I don't like using plastics for drinking/eating so this fits right in with the kinds of products I want to keep around. I recommend it!

Buy it!

You can buy the Safe Sporter at Amazon.com for $14.99 for the 12 oz and $15.99 for the 16 oz!


Giveaway!

Kid Basix is generously giving one of my readers a Safe Sporter, winner's choice of size AND color!
Open to US only.


Mandatory Entry:

Click over to the Kid Basix FAQ and tell me something you've learned about the Safe Sporter there. Please leave your email address in one of your entry comments!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
  • Tell me in a comment which color Safe Sporter you would choose (+1 extra entry)
  • Follow Kid Basix on Twitter and/or Facebook (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites/stumble this post (+1 extra entry each)
  • Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
  • Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)
  • http://www.twitter.com/kindred_spirit (+1 extra entry)
  • Tweet this giveaway/share on Facebook (+1 extra entry each) Copy/Paste this:
    Enter to win the Safe Sporter stainless steel sport cup from @kindred_spirit - http://bit.ly/KOXUl @bretplate
Winner will be drawn on September 26 and notified by email - good luck, everyone!

Disclosure/Disclaimer: Although Kid Basix sent me the Safe Sporter for review and testing purposes, it does not affect the honesty of this post. This review is my own opinion and in my own words.

See complete rules and disclaimers regarding giveaways here.

Photobucket
Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

140 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Unknown said...

I learned that We recommend that you clean the bottle and all components (including the silicone sleeve) separately after each use. All parts are dishwasher safe. We recommend top rack only. While the smaller parts such as the nipple and sealer disc do well in the dishwasher, they are small and easy to lose and we recommend hand washing. Please allow all the washed parts to dry completely before reassembling the bottle.
amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow kid basix on twitter. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow kid basix on fb. amy bolda pugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow u on twitter. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3755910895

The Royal Family said...

http://bzzagentroyalty.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-favorites-from-blog-hop.html

blogged 1

Rebecca Orr said...

I learned that any plastic used is #5 plastic or polypropylene, the safest and most stable of all plastics and tested free of BPA and phthalates. This is really good to know! Thanks for the chance!

Rebecca Orr said...

I am a follower on Facebook...under Bekki Orr

Sylvia said...

I like that it has a wide mouth so is easy to clean
sylviawhit@gmail.com

Sylvia said...

I like the color pink
sylviawhit@gmail.com

Colleen said...

learned that they are not insulated.
colleen_mouse at yahoo.com

Leanna said...

I learned that the waistband does fine staying on in the dishwasher or with hand washing. We recommend from time to time that you roll it down to clean underneath the waistband so no gunky stuff builds up. You can remove it completely, but it has a very tight fit and is difficult to get back on.

jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Leanna said...

i facebooked it
jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Leanna said...

i twittered it
jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Leanna said...

i follow you
jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Leanna said...

i follow you on twitter
jstabitgoofy
Jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Leanna said...

my favorite color is green
jstabitgoofy@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I learned that the Safe Sporter i not lines with any materila.; it's pure stainless steel, in side and out.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via email.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'd choose the orange.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Hippie4ever said...

I learned that it has an attached plastic cover. No worries about water rings on the furniture.

Hippie4ever said...

I like the dark green. silenttributary@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

tweet. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3793578378

Natalie said...

I learned that the plastic to make the safe sporter is not only BPA free but made from #5 plastic

babyhazelton@gmail.com

Natalie said...

I would choose the blue

babyhazelton@gmail.com

Natalie said...

follow kid basix on twitter as natalia315

babyhazelton@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I learned the sleeve does fine staying on in the dishwasher and with hand washing.

Anonymous said...

I follow Kid Basix on twitter @KiddiesCorner

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/7. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3818059781

Unknown said...

daily tweet on 9/8. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3839504390

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/9. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3867477580

Kristy said...

I like that it's made of stainless steel and not harmful plastic and I like the coaster bottom, also!

Kristy said...

I would like the orange one for my daughter!

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/10. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3887160620

Bombtastic Belle said...

I learned that made of stainless steel and has a coaster bottom! I'd like it in orange for my niece.
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/11. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3911783071

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/12. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3933146539

Unknown said...

daily tweet. 9/13 amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3954058595

slb3334 said...

I like these but something I discovered as like so many other things, they are made in China.

theflyingacc said...

These are wonderful>> I always have to take a cloth to protect my hands from the cold>> I love the blue. I cannot imagine that 12 mil cars could run for a full year from "just" the discarded water bottles. That is a lot of plastic leaching toxins into landfills in the heat..
Thank you for the chance to win

theflyingacc said...

I am following you...
Did you know that all food/drink items that are contained in plastic for sale are transported on rails and the nations roadways in trucks>> in the heat before they reach your stores>> that any leaching is done before you purchase them and even more if you leave them in the sun and heat!! I think of all the times I have seen huge stacks of drinks sitting in the sun for a big sale at the grocery stores and gas stations!! What are we doing to ourselves...

khunsl00 said...

I learned that the Safe Sporter i not lines with any materila.;...nice!!

wantsandwishes said...

This is an American company however their products are manufactured in China.

mrs.mommyy said...

suprised they are not insulated- it would make sense to have them insulated oh well

ReggieMann said...

From the FAQ:
Can I put pulpy juices in The Safe Sporter™ bottle?
We recommend you don't. Pulp can clog your spout, preventing a child from being able to draw liquid out.

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

ReggieMann said...

I would choose the 12oz in pink

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

Metal Momma said...

"None of our products contain latex. The protective sleeve on The Safe Starter is made of silicone and the sleeves on The Safe Sippy™ and The Safe Sporter™ are made from TPR or Thermoplastic Rubber that does not contain latex."

Stephanie said...

Learned they are dishwasher safe on the top rack - awesome for this busy family
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Stephanie said...

would like blue for my little boy
tvollowitz at aol dot com

sweepmom said...

I learned "The protective sleeve on The Safe Starter is made of silicone and the sleeves on The Safe Sippy™ and The Safe Sporter™ are made from TPR or Thermoplastic Rubber that does not contain latex."

Kristie said...

They are an American company, but their products are made in China.

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Anonymous said...

Love the green

edq143 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

daily tweet on 9/14. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/3981071897

Joannie said...

I learned that Safe Sporter is stainless INSIDE and OUT!!
hi_joan_elliott at hotmail dot com

Joannie said...

I love the green one!
hi_joan_elliott at hotmail dot com

Lisa R said...

I learned that its made of stainless steel

miller lawn service said...

There is no need to remove the waistband/sleeve when washing. Thanks for the giveaway!

miller lawn service said...

Green is my favorite. Thanks again
socmama at gmail dt com

mogrill said...

LOVE Pink. Thanks for the chance. Mogrill@comcast.net

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/15. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4010465084

janetfaye said...

I learned: We use food grade stainless steel (300 series or 18/8) in all of our products, which has a maximum of 8% nickel.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I would choose the color Fuchsia.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I follow Kid Basix on Twitter - Janetfaye

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Kid Basix Facebook Fan - Janet Fri

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I faved - janetfaye

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/4012750166

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I follow this blog - janetfaye

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I learned that this can be washed on the top rack of the dishwasher.

Unknown said...

tweet. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4033779359

Anonymous said...

I learned that there an American company but there products are made in China.

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

Marin said...

Dishwasher safe! Very important in this house!!

I would choose the smaller sporter in lime green :)

Marin said...

Sorry, that was supposed to be a separate comment!

I would like the smaller sporter in lime green.

Marin said...

Follow KidBasix on Twitter (MarinOBrien)

Marin said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/MarinOBrien/status/4060821115

Unknown said...

daily tweet. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4063960112

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/18. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4080814049

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/19. amsbolda@hotmail.com

http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4102628353

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/20. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4126063922

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/21. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4147301546

Anonymous said...

I learned that it's dishwasher safe on the top rack. Thank you.

msurosey@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/22. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4172922265

Bombtastic Belle said...

I learned that it's dishwasher safe - recommended top rack - which'll cut down on cleaning time. :)
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/23. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4319311787

degood said...

I learned that while they are an american company, the bottles are manufactured in China.

kerrie at mayansfamily dot com

degood said...

I tweeted http://twitter.com/kmayans/statuses/4325470571

Anonymous said...

all parts are dishwasher safe




cpsnsamples@aol.com

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/24. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4343745810

Michele P. said...

I learned that while they are an American company, the product is made in China. However they are put to strict safety standards and constantly monitored in regards to manufacturing procedures-and the company makes visits to the plant to ensure that the rules are being followed.

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

I already follow them on twitter @micaela6955

Michele P. said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/4354021524

Michele P. said...

I would get the blue color...

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Tylerpants said...

I learned that The Safe Sporter is not insulated, it's made of single-walled stainless steel to keep it light and maximize volume.
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

I'd like the blue one for my son. Thanks!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/25. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4371346220

Hamblet Moments said...

I visited the site and love how these cups are dishwasher safe. We have a very busy life style and being able to just put things in the dishwasher rather than hand washing them is a big deal.

anglechristina@yahoo.com

dvice12 said...

I learned that Your Safe Starter™ can be warmed in a bottle warmer or a pan of warm water and that neither will damage the silicone skin.

Tinyblessing said...

it is dishwasher safe
lil.blessing(at)gmail(dot)com

js22 said...

Although they are an American company however our products are manufactured in China.
Thanks for the giveaway!
email in blogger profile.
js22 [at] yahoo [dot] com

js22 said...

I love blue so that would be my choice.

email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

i follow Kid Basix on twitter - js22222222 .
email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

I'm a fan of Kid Basix on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/js2222
email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

I Favorited you on Technorati - js2222 .
email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

I subscribe to your blog's feed via google reader.

email in blogger profile.

js22 said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/4380049132

email in blogger profile.

trixx said...

I learned that carbonated beverages and pulpy juices are not recommended for The Safe Sporter. trixpixel[at]gmail.com

Brooke said...

I learned that the plastic to make the safe sporter is not only BPA free but made from #5 plastic and that it is completely safe in the dishwasher (well minus the little parts)..

Kathy P said...

The sleeve does fine staying on in the dishwasher and with hand washing. We recommend from time to time taking it off to clean so no gunky stuff gets inside. We recommend allowing the sleeve to dry completely before reapplying to the cup

Kathy P said...

following your blog as klp1965
kathy pease

Kathy P said...

http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4386571224

Unknown said...

tweet on 9/26. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4395714219

Xenia said...

I learned they do not recommend putting pulpy juices in the Safe Sporter because pulp can clog your spout, preventing a child from being able to draw liquid out.

xpsundell at gmail dot com

Xenia said...

I think I'd choose the yellow.

xpsundell at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004