Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bamboo for Baby Party Update, Switching to WordPress, and Other Random Thoughts


Well, the Bamboo for Baby Party is going strong and I am happy to say I was able to get all my reviews and giveaways up on time! There ended up being a couple extras at the last minute that I was super happy about, two of them being Etsy moms. :-) So the full list of giveaways going on here right now are as follows:

Soul Baby Custom Bamboo-Lined Baby Shoes
Bamboobino (Bamboo Fitted Crib Sheet)
Greenfeet Bamboo Baby Utensils
Bamboosa ($50 gift certificate)
Bamboo Hugs Hooded Towel
Posh Pads Bamboo Nursing Pads
Bambooya Bamboo Tote
Bamboo Leg Huggers

So make sure you've entered them all! All giveaways will end on June 5. I'll announce all the winners on June 6. Isn't this exciting? :-)

Update and Randomocity:

♥ I've been thinking a lot about switching to Wordpress and getting my own domain and it looks like it's going to happen soon! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. From what I've seen so far, I'm LOVING WordPress, though. There is easy access to special widgets that I hunt all over the web for (such as "recent comments", etc) and it just seems to be a better layout. The only bad thing about this, of course, is that I'll have to start all over again with my Google Page Rank, etc. But that shouldn't be too much of a problem - I got my page rank of 3 back pretty quickly after changing last time. I think it'll be worth the pain of having to change everything over.


♥ I just finished BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker and WOW. Talk about a thriller. I'm going to have a review up soon and I don't want to give anything away or start talking about it because I won't be able to stop, but it was so good. Freaky, disturbing, exciting, can't-put-it-down... I had so many emotions while reading it. Sometimes I wanted to abandon the book because it was too disturbing (who really wants to get into the head of a crazy serial killer?), other times I couldn't stop reading. So yeah. It's a good one.

♥ For those of you who missed it (yeah right, like I let anyone miss it), I changed the text in my header! I don't know anything about Photoshop so this was a big thing for me - I've faced the lion that was Photoshop, the lion that made me feel like a dumb bunny. ;-) Of course I've stared at the header for so long that now I'm seeing my mistakes - like I think I should have saved it with the best quality rather than whatever I did because that flower on the left is a bit blurry. Not sure how that happened actually. But it's not a big deal I guess. ;-) I'm learning as I go.

♥ Emma received some super cute summer outfits for her birthday and I'm loving her in them! They're kind of vintage-y and look comfortable. :-)




Well I guess that's enough for now. Church today!

♥ Share Your Thoughts ♥

Do you have an experience/opinions/tips when it comes to WordPress or switching to a new url/domain?




Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Janet said...

She's so sweet.

Congrats! You've been tagged!

http://gahome2mom.blogspot.com/2009/05/ive-been-tagged.html

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I adore the new top of the blog! I'm trying to think of something creative/original/not as plain for mine... could be a while.
Am going to the library tomorrow, will look into Boneman's Daughter. Thanks!
Hope you had a great weekend
~Carol

Jinxy said...

I really like wordpress. I haven't played around with it a whole lot but when I do its pretty easy and works out well.

That outfit is super cute. And the middle picture I just love, its totally that "Oh Mother, really another picture" look. :)

Sarah Mae said...

I'm switching to wordpress as well, it seems like the way to go if you want to keep growing. I am just about to hit 1000 subscribers, and then I have to start all over again! Hopefully they will all follow along!

Cute cute cute little Emma! :)

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Lindsey,

Emma is adorable in her new outfits. I still have some from when my daughter was younger (she's five now) and I know I need to give them to someone else to use.

The switch to Wordpress. I think you'll love it. I have the same thoughts as many others that I wish I had started on Wordpress because it is a wonderful platform w/so many cool features and I also had a difficult time moving over my files from Blogger.

I host Groovy Green Giveaways on my site and will list your green giveaways there too next week. If you have others in the future, then please shoot me an E-mail milkandhoneymommy(at)gmail(dot)com and I will add them to the weekly listing.

I would love a great read. I spend so much time reading children’s books. I will check out the Dekker book.

Ginger said...

Cool Bamboo Baby give away! My niece is pregnant with her first child. She may like some of this. After all, I love bamboo in the kitchen.

Also, good move on switching to Wordpress. I have been with them and have now moved to a.com. Go check out the wonderful work my husband did on both mine and my sister's blogs. Let me know via email if you are interested in a makeover of your own while you make the transition.

Best of luck with the changes.

Ginger

My sis: http://insertgracehere.com/
Me: http://heresmycuplord.com/

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004