Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

MyHairStylingTools.com Karmin G3 Pro Flat Iron ♥ Review and Giveaway



The day I discovered the power of the flat iron was the day my "bad hair days" became almost nonexistent. I say almost because there are still bad hair days, but wielding my flat iron generally takes care of the problem. I'm a girl who has strange hair... it's frizzy, curly, wavy, wonky, and frustrating. Oh, and it is allergic to damp weather - we're talking instant PUFF.

So of course I move to a state where it rains 29 days of the month on average. *huff*

I think most people start cheap, and that's what I did when I bought my first flat iron. I found cheap, just to see how it worked. It's not really a good idea, because not all hair straighteners work well, and it can make you think that it isn't for you, that your hair will never look sleek or smooth. *insert sniff and sigh* Truly, though - I think that pretty much anyone with almost every hair type can benefit from using a really nice straightener. Like this one:



I was given the opportunity to test my first $100+ salon-quality flat iron thanks to MyHairStylingTools.com. I was a bit skeptical at first about its ability to outdo my $30.00 flat iron, but after using it the first time, I was a skeptic no longer. Those people who swear by their expensive hair-ware are telling the truth! At least when it comes to the Karmin G3 Salon Pro flat iron.

So let's talk about the awesome features of the Karmin G3!
  • Lightweight, easy-to-use design
  • Tangle-free swivel cord
  • Temperature settings for all hair types
  • On/Off switch
  • The iron reaches your desired temperature very fast
  • Pure tourmaline ceramic plates
  • The ability to straighten, curl, flip, and add volume and body - all with this one tool!
I wondered about the benefits of using pure tourmaline ceramic plates as opposed to the ceramic coated plates on my old model. Both my research and my experience tells me that the pure is better by far. I've found that the G3 Salon pro is much lighter than my old iron. It also heats up faster. Additionally, it is said that one of the benefits of tourmaline ceramic is that it keeps the heat even, thereby styling your tresses evenly and reducing the chance that you'll burn your hair.

The Karmin G3 Salon Pro comes with a very helpful manual instructing the new lucky owner of their flat iron in the arts of straightening, adding curls or waves, flipping the ends, and adding volume and body to your locks. I couldn't wait to try them all out and was very happy with my results! Yes, even my hair can be tamed!

My Experience:

Okay, you knew there had to be before and after pictures, right?


I had to not smile in the first one, they always do that on TV - LOL.

Pictures really are worth a thousand words, aren't they? I am really loving my Karmin G3 Salon Pro - it is truly the nicest flat iron I've ever used. I'm very pleased with the ease of use (I love that it is lightweight!), the swift heat-up time, and its excellent performance and versatility. It has lived up to all of my expectations and even surpassed them! I would recommend it without hesitation.

The only suggestion I would have for the manufacturer is that an automatic shut off after a certain period of time would be nice. I did leave it on all night once. But it does have an on/off switch and I have learned to be diligent in remembering to shut it off when I'm done.

About MyHairStylingTools.com:

I ♥ MyHairStylingTools.com! They have a wonderfully large selection of high-quality hair tools along with reviews, the ability to ask questions about products before buying, and a direct email to a hair care expert for free advice! But what really impressed me about their company is their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee ("If for any reason you are not satisfied with the item, return it for either an exchange or a full refund."), their Low Price Guarantee ("We guarantee we will not be undersold!"), and their UPS tracking and free shipping with all orders over $75.00.

Buy it!

You can buy the Karmin G3 Salon Pro on sale right now for $134.95 (in white) and $139.95 in pink or black. Don't forget that shipping is free! Also check out their hair dryers, curling irons, hair shears, and hot rollers while you're there!

---- Giveaway now closed ----

Prize info: MyHairStylingTools.com is generously giving one of you a Karmin G3 Salon Pro flat iron just like mine (not including heat-resistant mat)! Open to US only.

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit MyHairStylingTools.com and tell me in a comment what other product you like and why!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)

Sponsor-Related (1 extra entry each): Sign up for their hair tips newsletter (right sidebar) ♥ Follow MyHairStylingTools on Facebook

Get 1 extra entry for each:
Add my button to your sidebar ♥ Become a Facebook Fan ♥ Follow my blog ♥ Subscribe to my blog by feed reader ♥ Subscribe to my blog by email ♥ Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) ♥ Tweet this giveaway ♥ Share this giveaway on Facebook

You can Copy/Paste this Sample Tweet:
Win a Karmin G3 Salon Pro professional hair straightener/flat iron from myhairstylingtools.com & @kindred_spirit http://bit.ly/6s85nK
Giveaway will be closed on December 31 at midnight and winner notified by email and posted on my blog - good luck, everyone!

Disclosure: The review product(s) were sent to me free of charge by the company or manufacturer in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content, my own true experiences with the product(s), and my own opinion. :-)

See full review, giveaway, and disclosure policy here.

Photobucket

398 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Tweet http://twitter.com/DreeG/status/6958428240

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/23. amypugmire@live.com

http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/6963312681

DG said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/6975185975

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/24. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7001996597

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7004918269

daily tweet

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Daer0n said...

I like the Farouk CHI Silver Nano 1" Flat Iron Hair Straightener because it's sleek, and it would be good for both straightening my hair as well as curling it! :)

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

i signed up for the hair tips newsletter.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

I follow myhairstyling tools on facebook.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

I have your button on my sidebar.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

i am a fan on facebook.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

i follow your blog.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Darlene said...

FHI Ceramic Curling Iron 1" because I need to replace my curling iron.

Daer0n said...

i subscribe to your blog via email.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

I follow you on twitter.

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

i tweeted:
http://twitter.com/daer0n/status/7010022711

Nury77 at live dot ca

Daer0n said...

I shared this post on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?filter=app_2915120374#

Nury77 at live dot ca

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7026775662

daily tweet

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/25. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7034171090

Erica C. said...

The Farouk Chi Hair Dryer looks great too!

denyse said...

I'd love the FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000 Blow Dryer - Pink because iof a few feature:
• Compact professional dryer
• Heavy duty AC motor rated for 1200 hours of use
• Patented Nano Fuzeion Technology

denyse_g@hotmail.com

denyse said...

I follow you on Twitter.

denyse_g

denyse_g@hotmail.com

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7056177514

daily tweet!

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/26. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7061678578

CJensen said...

I would love the FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Dryer Pink

kissyjensen at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I'd love the T3 Tourmaline Evolution SE Hair Dryer because the website says it dries hair 60% faster!

sundaygirl at gmail dot com

Tonibelle said...

FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000 Blow Dryer - Green
I would just love that hair dryer. lititz@gmail.com
Thanks!

Tonibelle said...

http://twitter.com/tonibelle/status/7080411361

Tweeted the giveaway

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I would love to have the FHI Pink Hair Dryer Nano Weight Pro 1800. As the one I am currently using is ancient.
Thank you so much for the chance to win.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am a Hair Tip Newsletter Subscriber as jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com.

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am a My Hair Styling Tools fan via Facebook as Jill Myrick.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am following via Google Friends Connect.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am a RSS Subscriber via Google Reader.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am subscribed via email as jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com.

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/26. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7092602780

Jessica said...

I also love FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Dryer Pink
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I signed up for the hair tips newsletter
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I am an e-mail subscriber
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I follow through google friend connect
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7106317537

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot]com

tweeted

chlorinebrain said...

I would love to try the FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Dryer in pink - my daughter really wants a pink hair dryer!

Vanessa said...

I'd love to try the Chi Hairwaver so I can have even better curls.

arla said...

The Farouk CHI Auto Digital Ceramic Hair Waver because my hair is lifeless and needs some body and wave to it

lighthousee27(at)gmail.com

arla said...

subscribed by RSS feed. lighthousee27{at}gmail.com

mrssquigg said...

For the days I want curly hair I would love to have this: Hot Tools HTS1402 Nano Ceramic Wax Core Hairsetter


mrssquigg at comcast dot net

mrssquigg said...

I'm a FB fan!

Brandy Byrne

mrssquigg at comcast dot net

mrssquigg said...

I posted your link on my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000468010639


mrssquigg at comcast dot net

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/28. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7124478547

Tatum said...

I really also want a Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryper 1300-watt Ionic. One of the features that I like best is the ceramic heat and of course it's red...
tatum810@yahoo.com

Tatum said...

I signed for the hair tips newsletter..
tatum810@yahoo.com

Tatum said...

Fan of MyHairStylingTools on FB (tim martin)..
tatum810@yahoo.com

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7132049739

daily tweet

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Anne said...

I'd love to have the FHI Silver Hair Dryer - Nano Weight Pro 1800 because I have a cheap blow drier and I'd like to see how much better this one is.

Anne said...

I am a facebook fan of Hair styling tools (Anne Jolly)

Anne said...

I subscribe by email
ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I tweeted
http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/7134114807

Kerry said...

I think the Farouk CHI Auto Digital Ceramic Hair Waver would be cool to try out!

demmi said...

Karmin G3 Salon Pro Pink Hair Styling Flat Iron because of the color I would always be able to find it
con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have very wavy/loosely curly hair that is prone to frizzing and have always wanted an ionic blowdryer like the Bespoke Labs T3 Tourmaline Featherweight (1800 Watts) to help with flyaways.

ashaldridge (at) gmail (dot) com

Ashley said...

I'm a feed subscriber.

ashaldridge (at) gmail (dot) com

Ashley said...

I'm an email subscriber.

ashaldridge (at) gmail (dot) com

Ashley said...

I follow you on Twitter (AggieAshley).

ashaldridge (at) gmail (dot) com

Ashley said...

Tweet: http://twitter.com/AggieAshley/status/7147701228

ashaldridge (at) gmail (dot) com

Elizabeth said...

I would like to try the Farouk CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer because I need a new hair dryer

Elizabeth said...

tweet http://twitter.com/lizann234/status/7153498298

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/29. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7160772763

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7177370594

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Ken said...

My sister also loves the Farouk CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer for its low EMF. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

SeahorseLady said...

I have hair like yours and your before and after pictures give me hope!
I also like their FHI Silver Hair Dryer - Nano Weight Pro 1800.

heaventrees said...

I like the OSTER Turbo 111 Professional Clippers.

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/30. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7197528818

Kimberly said...

I would love to have the FHI Heat Nano Salon Pro 2000 Hair Dryer to go with the new flat iron. I know, I'm greedy. :)
kirbycolby at gmail dot com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I would like to try the FHI Ceramic Curling Iron 1 1/4", because it would be great for my hair, and great for the days I want to go curly!
Thanks for the chance!

Sheila Hickmon said...

I'm a fan on facebook! Sheila H.

hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I follow your blog! mom2anutball

hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I subscribe via email!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I follow you on twitter! mom2anutball

hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I tweeted!
http://twitter.com/mom2anutball/status/7199653198

hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Hotsnotty2 said...

I would love to try the Hot Tools HTS1402 Nano Ceramic Wax Core Hairsetter, I need a new set, thanks for the chance!

Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I like the FHI Runway Pure Ceramic Styling Iron 1" w/ Nano Technology cause mine went out a couple of weeks ago.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I SO need a new hairdryer... this is one that I would consider... Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer 1300 watt

justmeincr at gmail dot com

intime said...

Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer 1300-watt Ionic because it seems powerful intime@myself.com

Anonymous said...

love to try this:
Farouk CHI Auto Digital Ceramic Hair Waver

autumn398 @ yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would like the Solis Titan Blowdryer 407T powerful, quiet and light. Because my current blowdryer is heavy and loud, this sounds light and quiet.

karenshome65@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I also like the FHI Silver Hair Dryer - Nano Weight Pro 1800. I have not had a new hair dryer since my daughter was born and she is 8 now.

Unknown said...

I follow your blog on network blogs. Jammie Morey

Anonymous said...

I like the Solis 407 Skyline Power Dryer Turbo Blast. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/shoesandsocks/status/7220154927

LissaL said...

I'd like to have the:
FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000 Blow Dryer - Pink

LissaL said...

I signed up for the hairtips newsletter:

kissmyirishlass at yahoo dot com

LissaL said...

I follow you on twitter & tweeted:

http://twitter.com/LissaL/statuses/7220557203
kissmyirishlass at yahoo dot com

DG said...

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7220765191

daily tweet

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

chazvgo said...

Id love to have the Andis Pro Improved Fade Master Hair Clippers Chrome, I need to learn to cut my boys hair :)

Anonymous said...

I would love the Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer 1300-watt Ionic.
shawnac68@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I also like the Farouk Chi Turbo Hair Dryer.
ag1414@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I signed up for the Hair Tips newsletter.
ag1414@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I follow MyHairStylingTools on facebook. angela.gaffke
ag1414@hotmail.com

Angela G said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/ag1414/status/7226120774

Angela G said...

I shared on facebook. angela.gaffke
http://www.facebook.com/ajax/share_dialog.php?s=99&appid=2309869772&p[]=1322192489&p[]=229994238188
ag1414@hotmail.com

Jblanton said...

I would love to try the T3 tourmaline evolution SE hair dryer because I need a good hair dryer
ejxd95@gmail.com

Unknown said...

tweet on 12/31. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/7234757128

JoAnn said...

T3 Tourmaline Evolution SE Hair Dryer (2000 Watts)

Jenny said...

I'd like the 3 1/2" barrell boar nylon mix styling brush. Thanks for the giveaway!

Tammie said...

A good flat iron is only complimented with a good dryer. In this case I would select the FHI Silver Hair Dryer - Nano Weight Pro 1800! :)

mcj4tlj(at)comcast(dot)net

Liz Mays said...

I would love the Farouk CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer Low EMF
doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

Liz Mays said...

I'm a My Hairstyling Tools facebook fan. http://www.facebook.com/doot65

Liz Mays said...

I subscribed through google reader to your RSS feed.
doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

Stephanie said...

It was nice to hear a review that actually SAID the expensive ones do a better job than the cheap ones! I've always truly wondered...!

I need a good pair of hair clippers for hubby's hair! I'd like to try the Babyliss Pro Forfex Hair Clippers!

Thanks for the chance!

Anonymous said...

I would love to get the T3 Tourmaline evolution hair dryer, mine died and need one badly, thanks for the great giveaway

Unknown said...

hot tools ceramic .thanks
amy16323(at)gmail(dot)com

Secret Burkheiser said...

I would choose the T3 Tourmaline Evolution SE Hair Dryer (2000 Watts). LOVE IT!!!!!

Brittany K said...

I'd like to try the CHI NANO Ceramic Dual Air Flow Hair Dryer.


bbkling at gmail dot com

packerfantimmy said...

I also like the Forfex Professional Cordless Clipper for me to use, the flat iron would be for my wife & daughter.
titletowntreasures(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

packerfantimmy said...

MyHairStylingTools facebook fan-tim hughes
titletowntreasures(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

packerfantimmy said...

I follow you on facebook Networked Blogs-tim hughes
titletowntreasures(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

packerfantimmy said...

twitter follower-packerfantimmy
titletowntreasures(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

susan1215 said...

I like the FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Dryer

Unknown said...

I would like the Ceramic Hair Waver. Kind of funny to want a Flat Iron and a Waver, but it's the best of both worlds!

genevieverostad at gmail dot com

Maja said...

Loreal Professionnel Expert Serie - Volume Extreme Shampoo

Tuesday Girl said...

I love the Chi hair dryers, I love it in red too!
tuesdayef at aol dot com

Tuesday Girl said...

I follow on twitter; tuesdaygirl

tuesdayef at aol dot com

susansmoaks said...

http://twitter.com/mrstls/status/7251967668

Daniel M said...

the ionic ceramic with tourmaline dryer looks handy and lightweight, great for travel too - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Valeen said...

I'd love to try the Farouk CHI pro Hair Dryer!

saraL said...

Oster classic hair clipper!

sjloud at hotmail dot com

trixx said...

The Hot Tools HTS1402 Nano Ceramic Wax Core Hairsetter looks great too and at such an affordable price!

DG said...

tweeted!

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/7254984403

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the CHI 2 in 1 Auto Digital Curling & Flat Iron.
fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of you on facebook as Felicia King.
fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of them on facebook as Felicia King.
fefebelkin[at]live[dot]com

Storm Safety Blog said...

I only have a mini flat iron, so I'd love a full sized one. I'd also enjoy replacing my 18-year-old blow dryer with the FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000 Hair Dryer.

Sue said...

I'd like to try their Black Diamond scissor set since I cut hair. Thanks for the giveaway!

tina reynolds said...

I would love to try HI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Dryer thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

i follow thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

im a facebook fan my id is lepaige thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

i follow on twitter @eaglesforjack thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

Suzanne said...

I like the Kamisori Rosa Shears because you just can't understimate the value of a sharp, high-quality pair of shears when cutting hair. Thanks for the great contest!

Rajee said...

I'd like to have a new hair dryer!

rajee@momsfocusonline.com

Kristin said...

I'd love the Solis Titan Blow Dryer 407T, As they say, it's "Powerful, Quiet and Light." Need I say more?

wowknk@gmail.com

Kristin said...

I follow you on Twitter @kristinnw.

wowknk@gmail.com

Kristin said...

I subscribe via Google Reader.

wowknk@gmail.com

Tonya M said...

I had the Farouk CHI Silver Nano 1" Flat Iron Hair Straightener and loved it... before I broke it...
martinez.tonya at gmail dot com

masonsgranny59 said...

I heart the Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer 1300-watt Ionic:)

Sahm Lee said...

The Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer 1300-watt Ionic looks good. Thanks for the contest!
airalynn@gmail.com

cman said...

CHI Flat Iron Skull Mania Black with Free Watch because my hair is frizzy :)

Tonya M said...

i tweeted: http://twitter.com/DevNZacsMom/status/7262712512

Anonymous said...

I would love to have their Bespoke Labs T3 Tourmaline Featherweight (1800 Watts).

I want it because all I have ever used are the cheap dryers that never last very long and always heavy to handle.

Anonymous said...

subscribe rss via google reader

ardy2222 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/7263251133

Kathy P said...

i like the Hot Tools HTS1402 Nano Ceramic Wax Core Hairsetter every now and then i like the curly look :)

Kathy P said...

http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/7263699918

pierce said...

id get the pro hair dryer etf because it looks ergonomic

lilyk said...

I love the Farouk CHI Pro Hair Dryer!

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I signed up for their hair tips newsletter.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I became your Facebook fan.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I follow MyHairStylingTools on Facebook.

lilyk@mail2world.com

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004