Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{Holiday Gift Giveaway #11} J. Winterbower Glass Art



I'm always looking for unique gift ideas for hard-to-buy-for people. You know, the person who has everything already? Artisan glass is something that fascinates, especially when there is something unique about the glass. This is where J. Winterbower Glass Art comes in...



Joe Winterbower is the creator of fine lampwork marbles, paperweights, beads, pendants, and more! He works with molten glass at a blazingly hot torch in order to create gorgeous works of art that will have collectors of beautiful things drooling.





They carry various styles of beautiful glass pendants, beads,

Vortex marbles, Tornado marbles,


Flower marbles, and Galaxy marbles.

Each marble is totally unique and one-of-a-kind. They make gorgeous centerpieces and collections and come in all sizes.

My Thoughts:

My dad makes these, so I have to brag a bit. Isn't he talented? I'm completely enamored with the tornado marbles and the flower marbles. I've seen everything he makes in real life and I can tell you that they are SO beyond gorgeous. Believe me, these photos don't do the marbles justice. What you can't really see from the photos of the vortex marbles is that you can look deep down into the vortex, far past where your mind knows the marble itself ends. It just keeps going and going, making for a fascinating optical illusion.



The flower marbles are my favorites, I think. Dad started a birthday tradition with my daughter, Emma, and makes a flower marble for her every year for her birthday. Emma will have a lovely collection of flowers encased in glass by the time she's a teen, don't you think?

All marbles come with a plastic stand and a crocheted "nest" at your request.

Deal Alert!

Shipping is always free AND they do layaway!


J. Winterbower Glass Art wants to give one of you an artisan glass marble! Winner will be able to choose from the following (and I have more photos of each one to help the winner decide):



This giveaway open to anyone in the world!

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit J. Winterbower Glass Art and tell me what else you would like to own there! Please leave your email address in your comment so I can let you know if you win!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
  • Answer this question: Which of the four marbles would you choose if you won? (+1 extra entry)

  • Follow them on Twitter (@jwglassart) and/or fan them on Facebook! (+1 extra entry each!)

  • Suggest to at least five Facebook friends that they fan J. Winterbower Glass Art on Facebook! (+1 extra entry)
  • Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)

  • Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites and/or stumble this post (+1 extra entry each)

  • Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)

  • Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)

  • Follow my blog on Facebook's Networked blogs here! (+1 extra entry)

  • Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/kindred_spirit (+1 extra entry)

  • Tweet this giveaway and/or share on Facebook (+1 extra entry) You can Copy/Paste this:
    Artisan Glass Vortex, Galaxy, Tornado, and Flower Marbles - Giveaway! http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com @kindred_spirit @jwglassart
  • Grab my 2009 Holiday Gift Giveaway Extravaganza button and put it in your sidebar! (+2 extra entries!)

    A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts


Giveaway will be closed on November 28 at midnight and winner notified by email - good luck, everyone!


Disclaimer: This review is 100% my own content and my own opinion, and I was not reimbursed in any way for this post.


Photobucket
If you have a moment, leave a comment -
It'll make me jump up and down for joy! :-)

188 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Terra Heck said...

Such beautiful work! I really like the Artisan Lampwork Lime Boro Leaf Pendant with Ladybug. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

I would choose the top right marble.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/partymix25/status/5616507733
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

I have your 2009 holiday button up on the right hand side of my blog. #1
http://heckofabunch.blogspot.com
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

tawndam said...

the Lampwork Boro Copper Vortex Marble Paperweight is very pretty

tawndam said...

I would choose the blue/green one (#3?) if I win

Anonymous said...

I would love to own the Lampwork Boro Focal Bead Tab Green Blue Caramel. Thanks for a chance to win!

Anonymous said...

I would choose the Stardust marble if I win. Thanks for the opportunity to discover J. Winterbower. I'm going to do some Christmas shopping there!

Liz H said...

I love the Huge Contemporary Glass Lampwork Vortex Marble paperweight. I collect glass and these are magnificent. Lizghuber@ca.rr.com

Liz H said...

I would love the orange red vortex marble. Lizghuber@ca.rr.com

Kristy said...

I love the Artisan Lampwork Yellow Floral Implosion Marble Paperweight

Kristy said...

I would choose the one with the orange and purple swirls, but they are all beautiful!
rnkristy1@gmail.com

Tanyia said...

Oh seriously! I would love to own the skull cave paperweight...how fascinating!

tanyiadeskins@hotmail.com

Tanyia said...

If I won I would love the flower one!

tanyiadeskins@hotmail.com

Tanyia said...

I follow the blog as well :)

tanyiadeskins@hotmail.com

llinda29 said...

I like Artisan Lampwork Art Glass Boro Leaf Pendant with Ladybug

toughturtles said...

Blue Green Dichroic Glass Art Vortex Marble Paperweight

Stephanie said...

Artisan Lampwork Blue Pink Purple Galaxy Vortex Marble Paperweight is beautiful!
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Stephanie said...

Would choose the blue and green swirl one
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Tarah said...

I love the Artisan Pink, Blue and Purple Lampwork Vortex Marble Paperweight - it's stunning!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Nicole C. said...

I would love to have the Lampwork Collectible Rainbow Vortex Marble!!

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

Sheila said...

I really love the Artisan Lampwork Blue Pink Purple Galaxy Vortex Marble Paperweight. These are all so beautiful! Sheila
chiliburger@icehouse.net

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I am absolutely stunned! What a talented father you have. I love the tradition he has started with your daughter! My fav is the
Huge Contemporary Glass Lampwork Vortex Marble Paperweight. And he does layaway, too! I really am going to look into this. I bookmarked his shop! ladyhightower@live.com

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I'd love the blue and green swirl marble. ladyhightower@live.com

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Tweet. http://twitter.com/LADYHIGHTOWER/status/5671206298

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Stumble. http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-gift-giveaway-6-j-winterbower.html LADYHIGHTOWER

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Holiday button. RT sidebar. http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com 1

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Holiday button. RT sidebar. http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com 2

kdkdkd said...

the Artisan Lampwork Boro Watercolor Focal Bead Tab Blue Purple is beautiful, would love to make a necklace with that

audreyscountrycrafts said...

That is simply amazing!! Would love to watch him in action!
This is my favorite from the shop:
Lemon Lampwork Flower Implosion Paperweight

audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com

audreyscountrycrafts said...

I would choose the green and blue one.

audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com

WestCoastJazz said...

Gorgeous Work! I love this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32223682

audreyscountrycrafts said...

I'm a fan on facebook!
audrey friesen

audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com

marthajane said...

I would choose the orange vortex marble (top left photo) if I won. My mom loves blown glass, and I would give it to her for Christmas.

Lee P said...

Oh, these are so awesome!! I love these unique marbles, especially the Blue Pink Purple Galaxy Marble Paperweight. Thank you for this very nice giveaway.

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

I would choose the Stardust Marble, no wait...I would choose the Rainbow and Galaxy Marble. I have a feeling that you can stare at these marbles for a long time and discover new things each time you look at them. Nice!

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

I follow jwglassart on Twitter as chinook92

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

Facebook Fan of J. Winterbower Glass Art -Lee P...

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

Techno favorite

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

I follow you thru FB Networked Blogs -Lee P...

chinook92 at gmail dot com

Lee P said...

Tweet:

http://twitter.com/chinook92/status/5690709870

chinook92 at gmail dot com

ehhogan said...

I like the Collectible Dichroic Lampwork Vortex Marble


ehhogan at bellsouth.net

Hippie4ever said...

stunning work I like the
Huge Contemporary Glass Lampwork Vortex Marble Paperweight

silenttributary(at)yahoo(dot)com

Hippie4ever said...

my eye is drawn to the two on the top left...it's hard...right now I'd say far left top..but if I won it might change to the center top... :)

Hippie4ever said...

subscriber silenttributary at yahoo dot com

Hippie4ever said...

updated fb status silenttributary at yahoo dot com

Hippie4ever said...

follow on twitter as hippie4ever2 silenttributary at yahoo dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Your Dad is so talented, Lindz!

Because I dabble in jewelry in my spare time I would choose his nice focal bead (blue/purple/yellow/green)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29625722

very reasonable prices!

catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

My favorite marble is the Stardust!


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Follow on Google Friend Connect as Ally (rubymoonstone/gmail)


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Technorati Favorite

tech name--rubymoon

catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Follow on Networked Blogs w/ Facebook

rose manning


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Tina12312 said...

Everything is so gorgeous! I love his Artisan Glass Lampwork Green Blue Purple Vortex Marble Paperweight. Thank you!

Tina12312 said...

I would choose the Rainbow Galaxy if I won, love it!

Tina12312 said...

I'm following jwglassart on Twitter (Tina12312)

Tina12312 said...

I would love to win and I tweeted http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5714975554

thank you!

Demure said...

I would love to own this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31174631

Beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Demure said...

If I won I would probably want the black marble
Beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Demure said...

I follow kindred_spirit on twitter
beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Demure said...

I am a fan on facebook
beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Demure said...

I suggested that ALL of my friends become a fan on facebook
beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Demure said...

I sent a tweet about the giveaway
beachgirl6976@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The Artisan Pink Lampwork Vortex Galaxy Marble Paperweight is beautiful.......

Damla said...

I like Lampwork Blue Floral Implosion Marble.

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Damla said...

I'd choose the stardust.

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Damla said...

I subscribed.

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Damla said...

1) I blogged: http://sweepstakelover.blogcu.com/holiday-gift-giveaway-11-j-winterbower-glass-art/6385237

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Damla said...

2) I blogged: http://sweepstakelover.blogcu.com/holiday-gift-giveaway-11-j-winterbower-glass-art/6385237

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Damla said...

3) I blogged: http://sweepstakelover.blogcu.com/holiday-gift-giveaway-11-j-winterbower-glass-art/6385237

annabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com

Tina12312 said...

I would love to win and I tweeted again http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5767782954

thank you!

Renee said...

Beautiful and impressive! I love everything in the shop. I really like this flower marble:

Lampwork Blue Implosion flower Marble

Renee said...

I'd pick the fabulous blue vortex if I won. They are all really beautiful pieces!

Anonymous said...

I would love the Artisan Glass Lampwork Blue Copper Vortex Marble Paperweight

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

If I won I would love the blue and green marble! Two of my favorite colors!!!

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I have your Holiday Extravaganza Button on my blog

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/

chromiumman said...

love to own the Artisan Black Handmade Lampwork Beads

chromiumman (at) mail (dot) com

chromiumman said...

if i won, i'd choose the galaxy marble

chromiumman (at) mail (dot) com

Ashley said...

I like the Lampwork Boro Blue Flower Implosion Marble.

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday button #1

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday button #2

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Tina12312 said...

I would love to win and I tweeted again http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5830978818

thank you!

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5864783351

Mary A said...

My favorite is the Handmade Collectible Lampwork Vortex Marble. Thanks for the giveaway.
maryDOTavingerATgmailDOTcom

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5890660767

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5922047126

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5951726237

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/5976687626

LittleEagle said...

I really liked everything however the Artisan Lampwork Boro Watercolor Focal Bead Tab Blue Purple wa smy favorite. sharonaquilino(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

If I won, I'd choose the 3rd one--blue, green vortex. Magical...
:o)
pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!
I also love the Lampwork Boro Sea Anenome Green Floral Implosion Marble Paperweight.
:o)
pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow them on Twitter.
@pippirose77

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I became a Facebook fan of them. (under my name, Piroska).

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I Stumbled you.
(pippirose)

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I faved you on Technorati (pippirose)

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter
@pippirose

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Facebook Networked blogs (under my name, Piroska)

pippirose59 at gmail dot com

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/6010312694

Ronit said...

Wow! They are all so stunning and unique, but I think my fave item was this one because of the colors:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32804462

ronitie.85 at gmail.com

Ronit said...

If I were to win, I would pick the orange marble on the left side because the colors are SO impacting. (This one: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OGMADolD6Z8/Svo84ABcu2I/AAAAAAAACUw/yWvHRH7Ka_k/s1600-h/orange+6+small.jpg)

ronitie.85 at gmail.com

Ronit said...

I'm following jwglassart on Twitter!
@ronite

ronitie.85 at gmail.com

Ronit said...

I'm following you on Twitter!

@ronite

ronitie.85 at gmail.com

Ronit said...

I follow this blog! :)

Account name: Ronit

ronitie.85 at gmail.com

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/6049635615

Curling up by the Fire said...

I would love the Lampwork Boro Sea. It's beautiful.

Curling up by the Fire said...

I would love the first one if I had to choose between the four of them. (Bonus entry +1)

Sarah said...

I would choose the rainbow galaxy marble.

Sarah said...

I'd like to own the Purple Lampwork Vortex Marble.

Mimi the kitten said...

I adore the Handmade Collectible Lampwork Magenta Vortex Marble

Mimi the kitten said...

I follow you on FB networked blogs (Angela Townsend).

Mimi the kitten said...

I would choose the magnificent Stardust marble.

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/6085585824

ReggieMann said...

I would like to own the Collectible Lampwork Purple Vortex Marble Paperweight

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

ReggieMann said...

I would choose marble #1 which I believe is the Grape Contemporary Lampwork Vortex Marble Paperweight

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

ReggieMann said...

I follow your blog

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

Myspiral said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! I like the Lampwork Collectible Rainbow Vortex Marble best!
myspiral@aol.com

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/6115633134

Aimee said...

I love the Handmade Collectible Lavender Spiral Marble

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

I'd choose #2, I think it's Galaxy.

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

SeahorseLady said...

Wow! Your Dad is very talented. I love his work and just marked him under my favorites in Etsy.
I fell in love with the beautiful Lampwork Boro Sea Anenome Green Floral Implosion Marble Paperweight. This would go perfect in my house.
Thanks for introducing me to your Dad's work and for the nice giveaway.

SeahorseLady said...

I would be thrilled with any of these but really like the blue swirl design the most.

Anonymous said...

So hard to choose! If I win I think I'd like the orange marble!

Thanks for the opportunity!
Gayle
gayle622@gmail.com

maxfate said...

Everything is extraordinary! The Pandora Style Purple Green Glass Beads are especially lovely,like a Monet painting.

supe61@hotmail.com

maxfate said...

Of the above I would choose the Galaxy Stardust.Thanks for the chance to enter this very special giveaway.

supe61@hotmail.com

maxfate said...

I am following jwglassart on Twitter as maxfate.

supe61@hotmail.com

maxfate said...

I Follow your blog on Google.

supe61@hotmail.com

SantaFe said...

I also like the Green Lampwork Glass Galaxy Marble.

Anonymous said...

really beautiful, i have always loved the art of glassworking, I have done some glass blowing and it is awesome. I love the look of the Green Lampwork Glass Galaxy Marble, this would bbe great for getting your focus centered

singermagic1 at yahoo dot com

Melanie Montgomery said...

I like the Artisan Lampwork Yellow Floral Implosion Marble Paperweight.

clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Blue White Boro Floral Implosion Marble.

president(dot)peaches(at)hotmail(dot)com

Candie L said...

I like the Artisan Lampwork Blue Pink Purple Galaxy Vortex Marble Paperweight. Thank you

Allison said...

I love all of the vortex and galaxy marbles!
So gorgeous!!!
ahartup at yahoo dot com

Jennifer Pellicone said...

I would LOVE anything in this shop!!!! If I had to choose, I think I would go for a set of the beads, Pandora Style Lampwork Purple Green Glass Beads are great.
cspmom at gmail dot com

etrnlone said...

what beautiful craftmanship!! exquisite!!
i really like the Handmade Collectible Lampwork Magenta Vortex Marble

Jennifer Pellicone said...

I would choose the green and blue swirl marble. It's spectacular!
cspmom at gmail dot com

Tina12312 said...

daily tweet http://twitter.com/Tina12312/status/6148167916

Pamela S said...

He IS talented. Such beautiful work. I think my favorite is the "Blue Flower Implosion Marble"!

Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Pamela S said...

I would pick the blue swirly one or the flower (I think!) Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Robin G said...

I like the Magenta Vortex Marble

jehaine at yahoo dot com

Robin G said...

I would pick the orange & blue vortex marble if I won.

jehaine at yahoo dot com

Robin G said...

@TwiMommi is now following you on twitter

jehaine at yahoo dot com

Annemarie said...

The Artisan Lampwork Blue Pink Purple Galaxy Vortex Marble Paperweight looks wonderful!!

annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

phyllisg said...

Green Vortex Marble is something my imagination gets lost in.
phyllisskoglund AT go DOT com

Annemarie said...

I subscribe via email.

annemarie562000(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sahm Lee said...

I would love to own the Handmade Collectible Red Galaxy Spiral Marble. Soooo cool! Thanks for the contest!
airalynn@gmail.com

Sand said...

I love the Artisan Glass Lampwork Green Blue Purple Vortex Marble Paperweight.

momznite said...

What beautiful glass work! I especially like the maize cave marble, a spelunker's joy.

Noggy said...

So hard to choose between the Vortex Marbles and the Galaxy Marbles...I saw several I would love to own. The Green Lampwork Glass Galaxy Marble actually reminds me of a picture taken by a telescope at an observatory. Its amazing how beautiful it is.



noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

cman said...

Handmade Collectible Lavender Spiral Marble :)

Noggy said...

If I'm lucky enough to win I would chose the Rainbow Galaxy Marble because it reminds me of a night sky.



noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

Noggy said...

Follower via Google Friend Connect.



noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

Noggy said...

I am an email subscriber.



noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

Noggy said...

Fan of A Kindred Spirit on Facebook.



noggysnotes[at]yahoo[dot]com

Charlene Kuser said...

I would love the Yellow Lampwork Floral Implosion Paperweight.They
are so neat!

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser said...

Following J. Winterbower Glass Art
on Twitter (Swtlilchick)

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser said...

Fan of J. Winterbower Glass Art
on Facebook (Charlene Kuser)

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser said...

Follow your blog on Facebook's Networked blogs (Charlene Kuser)

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser said...

Fave you on Technorati (Swtlilchick)

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser said...

Tweet:Swtlilchick

http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/6164613621

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to own the Pink Boro Floral Implosion Marble Paperweight. garrettsambo@aol.com

etrnlone said...

i would love the Handmade Collectible Lampwork Magenta Vortex Marble
beautiful

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004