Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Friday, November 20, 2009

{Holiday Gift Giveaway #17} Gooseberry Patch 101 Christmas Recipes Cookbook!

Gooseberry Patch is one of those companies that, once you discover them and really get to know their products and their warmth, you are a forever customer. That's how I feel, anyway! I've always loved Gooseberry Patch cookbooks (that love came from my parents), but now I love everything on their website and I'm always oohing and aahing over something new I've found. Like this, check this out:



Okay, how cute would it be to make animal pancakes for your little one? You can't tell me they wouldn't taste better than regular pancakes. ;-)

About Gooseberry Patch:

Gooseberry Patch is a veritable treasure trove! Everything you need to make your home homier and your holidays more fun can be found there including calendars, coupon organizers, every kind of cookbook you can possibly want, kitchenware, gourmet foods, quilts, and more!

I can think of something every woman in my family, old or young, would absolutely love at Gooseberry Patch. It's the perfect place to buy gifts, and I'm sure any woman would be thrilled to have a Gooseberry Patch gift certificate (that's for you, men).



Gooseberry Patch Books are in high demand nowadays. And why not? They are extremely well-made, full of beautiful photos, and contain easy-to-follow, delicious recipes and craft tutorials! Every home should have a collection, in my opinion.

Review and Thoughts:

Gooseberry Patch generously sent me their new 101 Christmas Recipes cookbook. Now I had seen Gooseberry Patch cookbooks before, but until I actually had my own family to cook for, I didn't realize how great they are. I. Absolutely. LOVE. This. Cookbook. Seriously! I can't believe I'm raving here, but I am. I'm impressed. Everything in this cookbook is totally doable, and this is the kitchen klutz talking. I get overwhelmed easily and that's why I don't own many cookbooks. Normally I look around online for the simplest-looking recipe I can find and just hope it's a decent recipe. That's not happening anymore, though. I am bound and determined to collect the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks from now on.

Okay, details.

What I love:
  • Large, beautiful photos of delicious food on each page. I am a visual person and don't like cookbooks without pictures. This is the best one I've come across so far - the photography will have you drooling!
  • Easy, non-overwhelming recipes abound - and they look SO good! They aren't overly common, either. I feel like I could make any of the recipes easily and possibly appear to be a woman who slaved over her stove for hours to get everything just right.
  • A wide variety of recipes including main dishes for every time of day, desserts, holiday beverages hot and cold, side dishes, and hors d'oeuvres (I have no idea if I spelled that right). If I ever had to host a Christmas dinner (heaven forbid), I could probably do a very decent job. Just don't tell my mom.
  • This cookbook is easy to flip through and lies flat while you're following the recipe - gotta love ring-bound!
What I don't love:

Um, nothing. Noooothing.

Conclusion:

I highly recommend 101 Christmas Recipes by Gooseberry Patch! This is a beautiful book that retails for only $14.99. In my opinion, a great price.

Watch the Gooseberry Patch video review of this cookbook:



Watch more videos reviewing Gooseberry Patch products here!




Prize info: One lucky winner will receive the 101 Christmas Recipes cookbook from Gooseberry Patch! Open to US only.

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit Gooseberry Patch and tell me what you love! Please leave your email address in your comment or make sure it's in your public profile so I can let you know if you win!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)

Get 1 extra entry for each: Add my button to your sidebar ♥ Become a Facebook Fan ♥ Follow my blog ♥ Subscribe to my blog by feed reader ♥ Subscribe to my blog by email ♥ Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) ♥ Tweet this giveaway ♥ Share this giveaway on Facebook

Bonus Gooseberry Patch Entries (1 comment for each): Fan them on FacebookFollow their blog Follow them on TwitterJoin their email clubRequest a mail catalog


Get 2 extra entries: Add my Giveaway Extravaganza Button to your sidebar. (Find it in my right sidebar)

You can Copy/Paste this Sample Tweet:
Win a gorgeous Christmas cookbook from @gooseberrypatch and @kindred_spirit - http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com #giveaway
Giveaway will be closed on December 5 at midnight and winner notified by email - good luck, everyone!

Disclaimer: The review product(s) were sent to me free of charge by the company or manufacturer in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content, my own true experiences with the product(s), and my own opinion. :-)


Photobucket
If you have a moment, leave a comment -
It'll make me jump up and down for joy! :-)

150 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Cheryl said...

On their site, I like the slow cooking cookbooks.

Cheryl said...

I requested a mail catalog, that I am sure I will be buying from.

Trung Nguyen said...

I like the holiday coffee gift packet.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow you on twitter (trungchem2002)

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I'm a facebook fan of gooseberry.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow their blog.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I joined their email club.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I have requested their mail catalog.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I like the Christmas with Family & Friends Cookbook. amypugmire@live.com

Unknown said...

tweeted. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5891992004

Unknown said...

fb fan of gooseberry. amy bolda pugmire. amypugmire@live.com

Unknown said...

I follow gooseberry on twitter. 1amypugmire. amypugmire@live.com

Benita said...

I like their 2010 Calendar.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Benita said...

Follower via google friend connect.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Benita said...

I joined Gooseberry Patch email.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love the Holiday Open House Craft Book
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I am your FB fan (Tanya Riley)
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I follow your blog
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Twitter Follower @starryeyed24
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Gooseberry Patch FB fan (Tanya Riley)
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I requested a catalog
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Season's Greetings Coffee Sampler. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Gooseberry Patch on facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow their blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sara said...

I love the stocking stuffer suggestions. I would love the Our Favorite Christmas Recipes Cookbook in mine.

Sara said...

tweet http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/5910226685

Sara said...

follow gooseberry patch on twitter saramama

bison61 said...

I'd love to try the Gourmet Holiday Flavored Coffee Gift Pack - Gingerbread, Butter Rum, Peppermint & Morning Blend

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

jennymartin116 said...

I love Gooseberry--have for years--I have always wanted to get one of their throws or quilts.

Unknown said...

Id like the AUtumn with Family and Friends book.I am thinking fall pumpkin and spices and apples...mmmmm. i love fall cooking!!!

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Facebook Fan of Gooseberry Patch and told them you sent me!
ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Niecey said...

I've gotta have the chocolate recipes cookbook...it looks great

Niecey said...

I subscribe to emails

nieceydoc@yahoo.com

Niecey said...

I tweeted

http://twitter.com/goodieslist/status/6022584433

Niecey said...

I have your giveaway extravaganze button

http://goodieslist.blogspot.com/

#2

Niecey said...

I have your giveaway extravaganze button

http://goodieslist.blogspot.com/

#1

aledol said...

I would like to try the jungle elf fudge..get a pan..
aleoliver72@gmail.com

aledol said...

{...this post has been tweeted by @aleshamom4....}

aledol said...

On my google gblog1
aleoliver72@gmail.com

For Their Future said...

Oh I have to agree with you, I like all their stuff! The Snowflake Pancake Pan would be fun though!
Thanks!

hpitts88(at)yahoo(dot)com

For Their Future said...

I am a facebook fan of Gooseberry Patch
hpitts88(at)yahoo(dot)com

For Their Future said...

I requested A Gooseberry mail catalog!

hpitts88(at)yahoo(dot)com

For Their Future said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my sidebar
http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com

#1

For Their Future said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my sidebar
http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com/

#2

Anonymous said...

I love the One-Gallon Ball Jar. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I followed you on NetworkedBlogs/Facebook (Sunny View).

Anonymous said...

I followed you on Google Friend Connect (Sunny View).

Anonymous said...

I subscribed via email (sunnyview@gmail.com).

Anonymous said...

I followed on twitter (sunnyview99).

Anonymous said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/sunnyview99/status/6196277666

Anonymous said...

I became a fan of Gooseberry Patch
on facebook (Sunny View).

Anonymous said...

I followed the Gooseberry Blog blog via reader.

Anonymous said...

I followed gooseberrypatch on twitter (sunnyview99).

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Gooseberry via email (sunnyview@gmail.com).

Anonymous said...

I added your holiday button: http://wut-givz.blogspot.com/

Entry #2

Ashley said...

I love the Edge Brownie Pan. I love the edges on brownies!

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

Facebook fan

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday gift button #1

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday gift button #2

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Leslie said...

I love everything! Especially their slow cooker cookbooks.

Suburban prep said...

I love the Snowman Enamelware Serving & Mixing Bowl.
msgb245 at gmail dot com

Katie S. said...

I love the Holiday Coffee Gift Pack (Pkg. of 4)


katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Katie S. said...

I follow your blog :)

katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Katie S. said...

i subscribe to your feeds

katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Katie S. said...

I follow you on twitter (ktfereva22)

katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Katie S. said...

tweet :P

http://twitter.com/ktfereva22/status/6222875734

katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Katie S. said...

I follow
gooseberrypatch on twitter (ktfereva22)

katieandbobby10@yahoo.com

Tamara said...

I love the Country Kitchen Utensil Ornaments.

Linda said...

I really like the Christmas Church Night Light!
lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

grace said...

i love the recipe of the week and the tip of the week.

joyingod2002@yahoo.com

deb c said...

Cook Books, cook books, I love cook books.I like the Gift Mixes to Share Craft Book.

Nickolay said...

I like the Snowman Shimmer Night Light

jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

Maggie said...

I think the Weeknight Meals, Mix & Match Menus Cookbook looks good. Thanks for the giveaway!

sweetsue said...

I love the Prep & Snack Bowls(Set of 2)-very cute!
smchester at gmail dot com

sweetsue said...

I follow your blog.
smchester at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I like the Silicone Mini Brownie Pan - Bite Size Squares.

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via email

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas Holiday Family Friends Recipe Craft Gift Memory Country Kitchen Cookbook.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

D Q said...

I like the Christmas with Family & Friends Cookbook.

Unknown said...

So many cute things to choose from! One of my favorites is the Raggedy Ann & Andy Box Set. They remind me of the dolls I had when I was little girl. Cute!
Thanks for the chance to win!
proudyaya04 {at} yahoo {dot} com

Anonymous said...

Autumn With Family and Friends

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

Melanie said...

Yum, I want the Autumn cookbook!


clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

chromiumman said...

love their selection of slow cooking cookbooks, i think super fast slow cooking cookbook is my fave

Molly C. said...

I absolutely love all of their cookbooks! I own a few, but don't have this one yet.

Deborah Wellenstein said...

I would love to get their Gourmet Holiday Flavored Coffee Gift Pack - Gingerbread, Butter Rum, Peppermint & Morning Blend for my husband. Thanks!

gsm57 said...

Christmas Church Night Light
gsm57@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I love Gourmet Cappuccino Coffee Mixes in Mocha, French Vanilla & Cinnamon-Spice for Gifts & Treats
discriminating_diva at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

http://twitter.com/dddiva/status/6381606625

Unknown said...

I follow Gooseberry Patch on Twitter- dddiva

Unknown said...

Extravaganza button http://www.myloonyverse.com/2009/11/events-around-blogosphere.html

Kathy S said...

I'd love to get the "Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook." I'm a huge fan of using my crockpot for those busy days, especially around holiday time! Gooseberry Patch cookbooks look wonderful!
kateswen(at)gmail(dot)com

Kelly g said...

Food Friendly Markers & Draw A Tree Cookie Gift Set looks like fun

Renee G said...

I would love to have their Gooseberry Patch 2010 Appointment Calendar.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

cman said...

Christmas with Family & Friends Cookbook :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Sparkle Angel Night Light. garrettsambo@aol.com

liliesrnice said...

i like the snowflake night light for my little one's room.

/\Heather/\ said...

I follow gooseberry on twitter - choochoo428

/\Heather/\ said...

I think the Christmas Hearth Night Light is adorable. Thanks!

disneyfanheather said...

Tweeted!
http://twitter.com/_HeatherAnne_/status/6394700472

lilyk said...

The Season's Greetings Coffee Sampler looks very nice!

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I subscribed by email.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I became a fan of Gooseberry Patch on Facebook.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I requested a Gooseberry Patch mail catalog.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I joined the Gooseberry Patch email club.

lilyk@mail2world.com

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004