Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

{Holiday Gift Giveaway #15} Scholastic Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics on DVD


I'm always on the lookout for new DVDs for my daughter. I think it's good to have a wide variety of educational entertainment that is fun to watch and a learning experience. My most recent discovery is a set of 16 DVDs released by Scholastic.

The Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics is one of the coolest collections of classic storybooks on DVD that I've come across! It includes 100 classic tales narrated by well-known celebrities like Meryl Streep, Patrick Stewart, and Danny Glover. The illustrations are just as charming as they've always been, but they've added character sound effects and charming animation to make the stories even more fun. You really need to see a preview to appreciate it, so take a look at this example from one of the DVDs here at the Amazon.com listing.

What I really like:

  • The stories are separated by category (all of the stories about dinosaurs on one disc, etc).
  • The way Scholastic kept all of the original illustrations but added some excitement by animating them!
  • The selection of stories (all of my favorites!).
  • Your child can read along on the screen.
  • Love that I recognize celebrity voices reading the stories! Very cool.
What I don't like:

It does take some looking to find exactly what you want. It would be nice to have it all on a few DVDs. But this in no way changes my opinion of the set.

Watch my video review to find out more about this awesome set:



Buy it!

The Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics 16-DVD set retails for $99.95. You can buy it on Amazon.com for $89.99 with free shipping right now. :-)

Prize info: One very lucky commenter will win the Scholastic Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics! Open to US only.

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit Scholastic and tell me what else you would like to own! Please leave your email address in your comment or make sure it's in your public profile so I can let you know if you win!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)

Get 1 extra entry for each: Add my button to your sidebar ♥ Become a Facebook Fan ♥ Follow my blog ♥ Subscribe to my blog by feed reader ♥ Subscribe to my blog by email ♥ Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) ♥ Tweet this giveaway (example below) ♥ Share this giveaway on Facebook

You can Copy/Paste this Sample Tweet:
Win a 16-DVD Treasury of 100 Storybook Classics by Scholastic! http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com @kindred_spirit #giveaway
Get 2 extra entries: Add my Giveaway Extravaganza Button to your sidebar. (Find it in my right sidebar)

3 extra entries: Blog about this giveaway with a link to this giveaway.

Giveaway will be closed on December 5 at midnight and winner notified by email - good luck, everyone!

Disclaimer: The review product(s) were sent to me free of charge by the company or manufacturer in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content, my own true experiences with the product(s), and my own opinion. :-)



Photobucket
If you have a moment, leave a comment -
It'll make me jump up and down for joy! :-)

288 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Carol M said...

I would love to have The Hans Christian Andersen Collection.
mittens0831 at aol dot com

Carol M said...

I Follow your blog
mittens0831 at aol dot com

Carol M said...

I Subscribe to your blog by feed reader.
mittens0831 at aol dot com

Carol M said...

I Subscribe to your blog by email
mittens0831 at aol dot com

Carol M said...

I follow on Twitter

Tweet

http://twitter.com/CarolAnnM/status/5812291887

mittens0831 at aol dot com

Stacey said...

I think my daughter would love the "Fairytales, Magic and More"!

Anonymous said...

I would also love to own the Scholastic Treasury of 50 Storybook Classics. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of yours on Facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Mami2jcn said...

I like Curious George Rides a Bike...and a lot more monkeying around.

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

throuthehaze said...

I like Rapunzel...and more classic fairytales

throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I would love to own Corduroy ... and more stories about caring. And also, Harold and the Purple Crayon!
es1237 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Have your giveaway button
es1237 at gmail dot com
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Have your giveaway button
es1237 at gmail dot com
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Have your button
es1237 at gmail dot com
http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

following on facebook
es1237 at gmail dot com
emily cotton

Unknown said...

subscribe to your blog
es1237 at gmail dot com

Sara said...

I like the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom & Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3

Sara said...

follow on twitter saramama

sara.yoursisterfriend@gmail

Sara said...

tweet http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/5817687505

susan said...

I'd love to also own the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom & Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3. Those stores are so fun!

susan said...

Tweeted ~ http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/5820548573

Unknown said...

I like the chicka chicka boom boom and chicka chicka 1 2 3. amypugmire@live.com

Unknown said...

tweeted. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/5821728691

karenmed409 said...

Emily's First 100 Days of School is set I would like to own
karenmed409 at comast dot net

karenmed409 said...

feed reader subscriber
karenmed409 at comast dot net

karenmed409 said...

email subscriber
karenmed409 at comast dot net

karenmed409 said...

following on twitter
karenmed409 at comast dot net

karenmed409 said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/karenmed409/status/5827954253
karenmed409 at comast dot net

Amy said...

I would love the "Treasury of Storybook Classics - Animal Antics"! Thanks for the giveaway!

amyleann at gmail dot com

Mami2jcn said...

I blogged about this:

http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/scholastic-giveaway.html

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

#1

Mami2jcn said...

I blogged about this:

http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/scholastic-giveaway.html

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

#2

Mami2jcn said...

I blogged about this:

http://grand-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/scholastic-giveaway.html

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

#3

Trung Nguyen said...

I like the Hans Christian Andersen Collection.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

alwayshopeful said...

this would be grest for the grandkids i have,another i like is dinos trucks and more,25 classic stories,,

alwaysatryin at gmail.com

alwayshopeful said...

http://twitter.com/nannato5/status/5832702902
twittered you
alwaysatryin at gmail.com

alwayshopeful said...

follow on network blog
betty n rood
alwaysatryin at gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'd also like the Antarctic Antics...and more hilarious animal stories

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I'm a facebook fan

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I follow on twitter

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Simply Being Mommy said...

I would also like to have the I Love You Like Crazy Cakes book.

Thanks for the chance.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Simply Being Mommy said...

I'm a facebook fan.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Simply Being Mommy said...

I follow your blog.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

Besides this dvd collection, you are offering. I would love to have the Fairytales, Magic and more stories collection.

I would love to win this set for my daughter's pre-school video library. They are in desperate need of materials for the kids to watch. What better way to prepare them for reading.

Simply Being Mommy said...

I follow you on Twitter.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

I subscribe to your RSS Feed via Google Reader.

Cheryl said...

I subscribe via email.

dizzybloom@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Tweeted this giveaway

http://twitter.com/HeartnSoulmom/status/5841781469

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I would love to have Chicka Chicka Boom Boom as well. That's her favorite book.

Laura C

laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com

Anonymous said...

Twitter follower (a2editor).

Laura C

laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com

Anonymous said...

RSS follower.

Laura C

laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com

Anonymous said...

Subscriber.

Laura C

laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com

Anonymous said...

Follower.

Laura C

laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com

AStarrA said...

I think we would also enjoy The Night Before Christmas and other classic holiday tales
disintegratingstarr@hotmail.com

AStarrA said...

Facebook Fan

disintegratingstarr@hotmail.com

AStarrA said...

Subscribe to blog by feed reader

disintegratingstarr@hotmail.com

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/5859012671

bison61 said...

I'd like the Hans Christian Andersen Collection

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I would like to own the Treasury Of Classic Bedtime Stories
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

FB fan (Tanya Riley)
tanyainjville@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I'd also like to get Chicka Chicka Boom Boom & Chicka Chicka 123.

Anonymous said...

I follow on Facebook networked blogs: Cindy Greer Dyer

Anonymous said...

I follow with Friend Connect.

Anonymous said...

Twitter follower @getalonghome.

Anonymous said...

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/Getalonghome/statuses/5886174623

Anonymous said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button at http://getalonghome.com.

Anonymous said...

I have your Extravaganza button at http://getalonghome.com

Anonymous said...

Blogged here: http://getalonghome.com/2009/11/scholastic-treasures-giveaway-2/

Anonymous said...

Blogged here: http://getalonghome.com/2009/11/scholastic-treasures-giveaway-2/

Anonymous said...

Blogged here: Blogged here: http://getalonghome.com/2009/11/scholastic-treasures-giveaway-2/

Rebecca Orr said...

I would like to have Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 1 2 3 as well. Thanks for the chance! bekki1820cb@gmail.com

Rebecca Orr said...

Follow on twitter: bekki1820cb
bekki1820cb@gmail.com

Rebecca Orr said...

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bekki1820cb/status/5893852318
bekki1820cb@gmail.com

Rebecca Orr said...

Follower of the blog! bekki1820cb@gmail.com

Rebecca Orr said...

Facebook fan! Bekki Orr bekki1820cb@gmail.com

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/5931038036

CMC said...

I'd love to have the Scholastic Treasury of Classic Bedtime Stories

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

CMC said...

Fan on FB

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

CMC said...

E-mail subscriber

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

CMC said...

Tweeted:

http://twitter.com/spitfyr323/status/5952144820

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

Desi @ Wee Share said...

I like the chicka chicka boom boom pack

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

Desi @ Wee Share said...

http://twitter.com/WeeShare/status/5970176707

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

THe FAirytales Magic and MOre collection! I love reading and my kids are following...the BEST thing a parent can teach is love of reading...

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I subscribe by email.

thanks so much to Scholastic and Lindz for this giveaway! We get Scholastic orders at our school but most times cannot afford to OWN the books we read. I am hoping....

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

CMC said...

http://twitter.com/spitfyr323/status/5990030967

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/5990055328

Kristy said...

My girls would love to have the fairytales magic and more pack!

Mendie said...

I think the bedtime stories collection looks great!

Mendie said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/ladybugs714/status/6036077750

Nancye said...

I also like "Scholastic Treasury of Classic Bedtime Stories"

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

Follower

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

Follower

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/6066652018

Ashley said...

I would want the Chicka Chick Boom Boom & Chicka Chick 1,2,3. I loved those books when I was little!

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have you holiday gift button #1

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

Email Subscriber

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have you holiday gift button #2

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

Facebook fan

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/6093537353

SheilaC said...

Sheila Carita

I would love the Diary of a Worm or Diary of a Spider, those books are great!

http://www.newkideo.com/Ages6Plus.php

Thank you

SheilaC said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my blog

Sheila Carita

http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/

aledol said...

we would love the PreSchool Pack, I love those & am am fogetting them in my young-old age lol..thx!!
aleoliver72@gmail.com

aledol said...

On my google gblog1
aleoliver72@gmail.com

aledol said...

{...this post was tweeted by@aleshamom4....}

aledol said...

I just absolutely love the look, colors, design of your blog!! I wish I had a blog to just thank people, not a "generic" blog but I am so clueless!! Anyway great job!!

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/6152966452

zachsgran said...

rss feed subscriber
zachsgran1 at yahoo dot com

zachsgran said...

email subscriber
zachsgran1 at yahoo dot com

For Their Future said...

We would like the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Chicka Chicka 123!

hpitts88(at)yahoo(dot)com

For Their Future said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my sidebar
http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com/
#1

For Their Future said...

I have your Giveaway Extravaganza button on my sidebar
http://preparingforourchildrensfuture.blogspot.com/
#2

Anonymous said...

I also love the Bear Snores On book
iheartsweeping@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I follow (eyzofblu63) and tweeted http://twitter.com/eyzofblu63/status/6186629280

mickeyfan said...

Click Clack Moo: Cows that Type would be great to share with my niece.

kal said...

The Scholastic Treasury of Bedtime Classics would be nice for my daughter. Thanks!

abfantom said...

My daughter would like the Curious George Rides a Bike...and a lot more monkeying around DVD

abfantom at yahoo dot com

Hearts N Flowers said...

Emily's First 100 Days of School would be perfect. I have a niece named Emily and she will start Preschool next year.

heartsnflowers27@gmail.com

Hearts N Flowers said...

added your button to my sidebar

http://heartsnflowers72.blogspot.com/

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

Hearts N Flowers said...

already a facebook fan

hearts n flowers

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

Hearts N Flowers said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/MistySunrise/statuses/6189103416

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

Hearts N Flowers said...

shared this giveaway on facebook

facebook.com/heartsnflowers72

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

Hearts N Flowers said...

your extravaganza button is on my blog

http://heartsnflowers72.blogspot.com/

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

#1

Hearts N Flowers said...

your extravaganza button is on my blog

http://heartsnflowers72.blogspot.com/

heartsnflowers72@gmail.com

#2

Stephanie said...

Night before christmas, special edition 2 pack looks fantastic too
tvollowitz at aol dot com

Jill said...

I love the I Spy Christmas book. My kids love I Spy books.

tutucuteforme(at)hotmail(dot)com

Darlene said...

Scholastic Treasury of Classic Bedtime Stories

peg42 said...

I would also love to own the Night Before Christmas 2 pack special edition books. Thanks so much.

clynsg said...

The Fairytales, Magic and More set would be nice to have as well.

clynsg at yahoo dot com

Brn2lisn said...

The Bear Snores On...and more "beary" adorable tales

brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

tmc480 said...

I like the chicka chicka boom boom
tmc480 at yahoo dot com

tmc480 said...

rss feed subscriber
tmc480 at yahoo dot com

Nicole C. said...

I would love to have Rapunzel...and more classic Fairytales!!

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/6210157712

Tracey said...

I'd like the Mouse and the Motorcycle DVd for Tristan.
traymona[at]aol.com

Alison said...

The Hans Christian Andersen Collection looks great.

jw1966 said...

Fairy tales, magic and more box set.
jwhitaker1966@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I like the chicka chicka boom boom set
rjs682 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

rss feed subscriber
rjs682 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I would love to own Curious George in Espanol!
Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

My nephew would love the artic antics


Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
jannajanna@hotmail.com
www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

J.M. said...

i like the Corduroy...and more stories about caring

Anonymous said...

I would also like their "Corduroy...and more stories about caring." Corduroy is my fave.

Anonymous said...

RSS Feed Subscriber entry
Thanks :-)

melody said...

Fairy Tales, magic and more.

melody2angel2@yahoo.com

clc408 said...

I am getting my nephew The Mouse and the Motorcycle DVD for Christmas. Thanks!

Tarah said...

I would also love to own the Bear Snores On...and more "beary" adorable tales

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Deborah Wellenstein said...

I would love to have the Ezra Jack Keats collection. Thank you!

AStarrA said...

http://twitter.com/AStarrAMama/status/6254558408

Unknown said...

The Scrambled States of America looks cute.

Anonymous said...

I would like Bear Snores On.

denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

jen said...

Treasury of Storybook Classics - Animal Antics



jkalstrup@unomaha.edu

Anonymous said...

The Night Before Christmas pack would be a nice gift.

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

We also like The Night Before Christmas Special Edition 2 Pk.

Thank you so much for the chance to win.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am a fan on Facebook as Jill Myrick.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

I am a RSS subscriber via Google Reader.

jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

cstironkat said...

I like the Treasury of Bedtime Classics, we nee some new betime stories.

CMC said...

Tweeted:

http://twitter.com/spitfyr323/status/6273111118

spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com

deb c said...

I like the Scholastic Treasury of 25 Story Book Classics.

kdkdkd said...

chicka chicka boom boom and chicka chicka 123 dvd set - my son's two favorite books

Maggie said...

I'd like to have Where the Wild Things are ...and other Maurice Sendak Stories. Thanks for the giveaway!

Maggie said...

I subscribe to your feed using live bookmarks.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004