Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

{Holiday Gift Giveaway #12} Hasbro Games Jenga Max Giveaway

I think it's very important for families to institute a "Family Game Night" if they possibly can - and I mean board games, outdoor games, whatever brings your family together and does not include zoning out in front of the television. ;-) Though television can be fun, games bring people closer together and help them connect, and that's vital in this fast-paced computer/television/game system world nowadays!

Need some suggestions? You're in luck! Hasbro has created Family Game Night, a collection of games especially recommended for families. :-) If you're having trouble convincing your family or just need help getting started, the Hasbro website has some great tips, coupons for $5 off select games, and suggestions for families by the age group of your children!

Hasbro sent me three games to review: Monopoly City, Jenga Max, and Clue: Secrets and Spies. I was so excited about trying these games out and then sharing my thoughts with you!

Monopoly City: "In this metropolitan edition of MONOPOLY, be the top property developer and watch your dream city rise before your eyes. What will you build-- houses or industrial complexes, schools, skyscrapers or stadiums? The choice is yours. But watch out—a rival developer could build a sewage plant right next to your prize property and make its value plummet! So build wisely and rake in the rent… and the prestigious MONOPOLY tower could be yours!"

My Thoughts: I'm not a huge Monopoly fan normally (it's not fast-paced enough for me), but this looked like fun. The ability to really see your city grow and choose what you want to build adds interest. It still can be long, but I thought it was a lot of fun!


Clue: Secrets and Spies: "Can you prove yourself as the world's ultimate spy? Agent Black- CLUE most notorious spy- is plotting, and it's up to you to stop him! Go undercover as an international agent to foil his schemes by completing missions and attending secret meetings. Scan with your spy light to uncover a secret, or check your cell phone for a Spy Text that could help or hinder your game. Your assignments will take you all over the world, so stay ahead of the other agents and earn the title of Ultimate Spy!"

My Thoughts: Too much fun! Who doesn't want to be Jennifer Garner in Alias? Well, I do - lol. Okay, how about Spy Kids? I'm sure your kids have imagined being secret spies. I hadn't ever played Clue before so I didn't have anything to compare it to, but thought that the little "spy light" which uncovers invisible messages on some of the cards and the spy texts sent to your cell phone were cool additions. The great thing about this game is that adults and kids can enjoy it together!




Jenga Max: "Build it big, wide or tall, but don't let it fall! This might just be the most nail-biting JENGA game you've ever played. The challenge is to hook or hang the blocks onto each other without upsetting the balance and maxing it out."

My Thoughts: Jenga is so my kind of game. Fast-paced and a game in which you actually do something rather than just move pieces around a board. And it takes a bit of talent, of which I have much. Just kidding! ;-) This is a new twist on the Jenga game - you know, the one where you stack a bunch of wooden blocks and try to remove them one at a time without knocking the whole tower down? Well this time you're starting with a skeleton and building onto it! The last player who successfully hangs a piece wins. Although I like the old Jenga a bit better, I think I must be old-school. ;-) I think that kids would find this one a lot of fun and it'll keep their interest as only Jenga can. It's a great family game and will inspire lots of laughs.



Hasbro Games wants to give one lucky winner a Jenga Max game!
Open to US only.

How To Enter (mandatory): Visit Hasbro Games and tell me what else you would like to own there! Please leave your email address in your comment so I can let you know if you win!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
  • Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites and/or stumble this post (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
  • Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)
  • Follow my blog on Facebook's Networked blogs here! (+1 extra entry)
  • Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/kindred_spirit (+1 extra entry)
  • Tweet this giveaway and/or share on Facebook (+1 extra entry) You can Copy/Paste this:
    Board Game #Giveaway Fun! Enter to win Jenga Max at http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com @kindred_spirit
  • Grab my 2009 Holiday Gift Giveaway Extravaganza button and put it in your sidebar! (+2 extra entries!)

    A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts


Giveaway will be closed on November 28 at midnight and winner notified by email - good luck, everyone!


Disclaimer: The review product(s) were sent to me free of charge by the company or manufacturer in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content and my own opinion, and I was not reimbursed in any way for this post.

Photobucket
Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)


87 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Trung Nguyen said...

I like the Hasbro Family Game Night 2 for Wii.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trish said...

I wouild LOVE the new clue spies edition and the new monopoly that has no money to lose.

Trish said...

Your button is on my sidebar...yes it is

Kati Aileen said...

I really like the Clue Secrets & Spies. It looks like a lot of fun. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I added you as a favorite on Technorati. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I follow on facebook network blogs. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I follow on twitter. @ladybugmamaof2. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I tweeted about this giveaway. http://twitter.com/Ladybugmamaof2. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I have your Holiday Gift Giveaway button on my blog. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Kati Aileen said...

I have your Holiday Gift Giveaway button on my blog. ladybugmamaof2@hotmail.com

Sarah Osborne said...

I would also like to own Candy Land...I loved that game when I was a kid!

sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I have your regular button!

myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com
sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I have your holiday button! #1

myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com
sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I have your holiday button! #2

myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com
sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I follow you on Networked blogs!
(Sarah Taylor Osborne)

sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I blogged! #1

http://myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/hasbro-games-jenga-max-giveaway.html

sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I blogged! #2

http://myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/hasbro-games-jenga-max-giveaway.html

sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

Sarah Osborne said...

I blogged! #3

http://myfavoritegiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/11/hasbro-games-jenga-max-giveaway.html

sarahosborne12(at)gmail(dot)com

karenmed409 said...

I want to try out the Monopoly Arcade Game
karenmed409 at comcast dot net

karenmed409 said...

following network facebook
karenmed409 at comcast dot net

karenmed409 said...

tweet http://twitter.com/karenmed409/status/5669124993
karenmed409 at comcast dot net

Sara said...

When I was little I wanted Operation so badly! I could still enjoy it!

Sara said...

tweet http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/5670733025

Desi @ Wee Share said...

I'd like to try Monopoly Here and Now

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

Desi @ Wee Share said...

I have your button

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

Desi @ Wee Share said...

http://twitter.com/WeeShare/status/5670813671

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com
http://weeshare.blogspot.com

silverhartgirl said...

The Monopoly Junior looks fun
silverhartgirl at gmail.com

bison61 said...

The boys would love connect 4

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Our favorite is Cranium. It always gives us a great challenge on Family Game Night!

catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Follow on Google Friend Connect as Ally (rubymoonstone/gmail)


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Technorati Favorite

Tech name: rubymoon


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Madwoman-doing-cartwheels said...

Follow on Networked Blogs for Facebook (rose manning)


catmom1010 at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I would love the G.I. JOE THE RISE OF COBRA: PIT MOBILE HEADQUARTERS for my son. Awesome toys

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I follow your blog

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I added your button http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I follow on FB Networks

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I follow you on Twitter @notsoperfect

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I tweeted http://twitter.com/notsoperfect2/status/5760614130

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I have your holiday button here: Entry 1 http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I have your holiday button here: Entry 2 http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I blogged here: Entry 1

http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-christmas-ideas.html

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I blogged here: Entry 2

http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-christmas-ideas.html

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tara said...

I blogged here: Entry 3

http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-christmas-ideas.html

Thank you :)
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

From the Hasbro site, I would love to win pictionary! Haven't played that in years!!

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Your Holiday Gift Extravaganza button is on my blog

SheilaC

shecarita(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I'd like to try Monopoly Here and Now.

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday button #1

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Ashley said...

I have your holiday button #2

ashleymcdermott(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

We love the Hasbro Bop its. THEY are so fun to play and WATCH others play!

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I am an email subscriber!

I would LOVE to have a new family game!!
thanks for the chance Hasbro and Lindz.

ejrichter60 at gmail dot com

Angela C said...

My kids are standing over my shoulder asking for the Pictureka flipper game.

Shelly Leatham said...

I'd love to have the Hasbro Family Game Night 2 for Wii! Lots of different games!
thanks
bleatham(at)gmail.com

Shelly Leatham said...

faved on technorati as sleatham1
bleatham(at)gmail.com

Shelly Leatham said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/6137898366
bleatham(at)gmail.com

Shelly Leatham said...

following on facebook networked blogs
as shelly leatham
bleatham(at)gmail.com

Shelly Leatham said...

your regular button is on my blog
http://sweepnsave.blogspot.com
bleatham(at)gmail.com
entry 2

Julie said...

I would like to own Scrabble

aunteegem@yahoo.com

justicecw said...

The Candyland Castle game looks fun! Thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

Just became a FB follower - Christine Wember
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

I follow on twitter = justicecw
justicecw@hotmail.com

justicecw said...

Tweeted at http://twitter.com/justicecw/status/6146165857
justicecw@hotmail.com

zachsgran said...

I like the GI Joe PitMobile
zachsgran1 at yahoo dot com

zachsgran said...

I subscribe via email
zachsgran1 at yahoo dot com

tmc480 said...

I like pictionary
tmc480 at yahoo dot com

Nancye said...

I LOVE Candy Land!!

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

Follower

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

E-mail subscriber


nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

subscribe via reader

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

I follow you on Facebook Networked Blogs

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

I faved you on Technorati

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

I follow you on Twitter

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Nancye said...

Tweet! Tweet!

http://twitter.com/NancyeDavis/status/6158584753

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004