Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paisley Pineapple ♥ Rockstar Shopping Cart Cover Review and $25 GC Giveaway!

Today I'm very excited to be able to introduce you to Paisley Pineapple, a wonderful Etsy store run by two moms (a mom and her own mom!). Paisley Pineapple carries a variety of products for children and their moms including blankets, diaper bags, bib and burp cloth sets, aprons, nursing covers, pillowcases, nap mats, and clothing. You can even have your items monogrammed or personalized if you want!

What sets Paisley Pineapple apart is the quality of the handmade items, the gorgeous designer fabrics, and the great personalities of the moms you're buying from. I had a very positive experience with Paisley Pineapple and Amy, the mom that I corresponded with. Don't just take my word for it, though! Check out their feedback here. Always nice to hear from other customers!

Amy was nice enough to take the time to be interviewed so that we could find out a little bit more about her family, her sewing, and her store:
Me: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your family?

Amy: I am happily married to Michael and we have a little boy, Maddox, who will be two in November. I have a doctorate degree in psychology and I have worked as a school psychologist since 1997, both in the public school system and in private practice.

Me: When did you first learn to sew, and how do you find the time?

Amy: My mom, Pam, and I work together at Paisley Pineapple, which started while I was home on maternity leave with Maddox. Personally, I didn't care for the "teddy bear and duck" baby accessories that were out there, so I started designing bibs and blankets for Maddox and my mom, who learned to sew from my grandmother, sewed them for me. Paisley Pineapple developed after we received requests from friends and family for our items. I only learned to sew recently after it became apparent that we needed more than one seamstress to keep up with the orders. I took sewing lessons from a local seamstress and my mom has also taught me a lot. I continue to design new items to our line and I sew in the evening after Maddox has gone to bed.

Me: Do you have a day job, or is this your main job?

Amy: Currently, I work part-time for the public school system in Tampa, FL as a school psychologist and I also have a part-time private practice. My mom retired as a school administrator several years ago and she graciously cares for Maddox while I work AND sews for Paisley Pineapple in her "off" time.

Me: Tell us about any honors or accomplishments you are proud of!

Amy: By far, my proudest accomplishment is becoming a mom! Michael and I are late-in-life parents and we both waited a long time to be blessed with a beautiful little boy.

My Thoughts/Review:

Thanks to Amy from Paisley Pineapple, I was able to review a Rockstar Shopping Cart Cover for my daughter.

My past experiences with cart covers have NOT been positive, folks. I first bought a shopping cart cover from Target about 6 months ago and I was very unhappy with it. It was hard to put on the cart (it had a bunch of ties - yeah, a baby in one hand and trying to tie?) and didn't even cover all of the cart. My daughter, who was teething and mouthing everything, could still reach the sides of the cover. I used it once. Twenty bucks down the drain.

So I know a bit about cart covers- I know that just because something looks great doesn't mean it is great. But my experience with Paisley Pineapple's shopping cart cover changed me forever. I LOVE this cover!

Reasons for my love of Paisley Pineapple's shopping cart cover:
  • It took me only half a minute (if that) to place it on the cart correctly the first time. That's something you want in a cart cover - remember that moms are most likely holding a baby or child while they're putting the cover on the cart.
  • Its design is very straightforward and it fits both the smaller carts at Target and the bigger carts at Costco very well.

  • It is easy to wipe off and is machine washable and dryable.

  • There is a pocket in the front that can hold a sippy cup, and two toy loops that I was delighted to discover could hold my daughter's pacifier! I have lost too many pacifiers in stores... that won't happen anymore! *happy mommy*

  • The cover has its own seat belt which can be attached to the back of the cart with a metal clip - no hassle trying to thread the germy shopping cart belt through! I actually didn't use the metal clip and found it secure enough to hold my 16-month-old.

  • Cover can be used for park swings and restaurant highchairs!

  • The cute fabric gets me many compliments. I also love that this particular fabric can be used for a girl or a boy. If I have a boy next time I'm covered and he won't be forced to ride in a girly shopping cart cover, lol.

  • There are optional accessories and upgrades - things you can have added to your cart cover to make it even better! A coordinating storage tote, coordinating pillow, side pockets, seating for two, and you can have it lined with organic bamboo/cotton.

Conclusion:

This cover is the nicest I've seen. I can highly recommend Paisley Pineapple for shopping cart covers, and I think any mom would love to receive this as a gift! I love mine. Did I mention I love mine? ;-) I can't even think of any cons, and I tried. I'm encouraged enough by my experience that I want to go back and buy one of those lovely diaper totes!

Buy it!

You can buy the Rockstar shopping cart cover at Paisley Pineapple for $51.00, BUT guess what? Amy from Paisley Pineapple is offering a 10% discount on your order (any item from her store) if you use the code "kindredspirit" while purchasing! Just put the code in the "comments to seller" section when completing your order.

If you live in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, you can find Paisley Pineapple items at Mandalay Mist's M Boutique in the Lake Brandon Professional Center on Gornto Lake Road.


Giveaway!


Paisley Pineapple is generously giving one of you a $25 gift certificate to the store!
Open to US and Canada.

Mandatory Entry: Please visit Paisley Pineapple and tell me what you would spend your $25 gift certificate on! Please leave your email address in one of your entry comments!

Extra Entries (Optional) (Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
  • Tell Amy in a comment what other products you would like to see at Paisley Pineapple (+1 extra entry)
  • Comment on any non-giveaway post from September (+1 extra entry each - limit 5)
  • Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites/stumble this post (+1 extra entry each)
  • Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
  • Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)
  • Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) (+1 extra entry)
  • Tweet this giveaway/share on Facebook (+1 extra entry each) Copy/Paste this:
    Win a $25 GC to Paisley Pineapple - beautiful cart covers, diaper totes, and baby gifts galore! http://bit.ly/vgFPy @kindred_spirit
Winner will be drawn on October 5 and notified by email - good luck, everyone!

Disclosure/Disclaimer: Although Paisley Pineapple sent me a sample shopping cart cover for review and testing purposes, it does not affect the honesty of this post. This review is my own opinion and in my own words.

See complete rules and disclaimers regarding giveaways here.

Photobucket
Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

164 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Kim said...

LOVE: Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket

Pam said...

I would love the red hippo toddler art apron.

melacan at hotmail dot com

Pam said...

subscribe via google reader

melacan at hotmail dot com

Pam said...

would love to see more pillowcase dresses and swing tops would be cute too!

melacan at hotmail odt com

Sylvia said...

I like the Ooh La La Pink Gift Set - Bib and Burp Cloth
sylviawhit@gmail.com

roxxyroller said...

Chloe Binky Blanky - Security Blanket Lovey is what I would spend it on, how adorable!!

roxxyroller(at)hotmail(dot)com

Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/

roxxyroller said...

I own CoolCanucks.ca, which is a Canadian Contest and Freebie site. This giveaway is shared here:

http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/22917-kindred-spirit-reviews-paisley-pineapple-25-gift-certificate-giveaway-oct5-canada

roxxyroller(at)hotmail(dot)com

Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/

roxxyroller said...

I tweeted!!

http://twitter.com/coolcanucks/status/4008082155

roxxyroller(at)hotmail(dot)com

Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/

roxxyroller said...

I just posted this giveaway on my Facebook page! (Heather Clouston-Diotte)

roxxyroller(at)hotmail(dot)com

Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/

Jinxy said...

I really need a new shopping cart cover the one I have is bad. Just like yours it doesn't cover the sides but luckily doesn't have ties.

I'd get the Chocolate and White Damask Reversible Shopping Cart Cover

Jinxy said...

I'd like to see smaller diaper totes. I really want a small purse size diaper bag/tote and can't find one that I like.

Michelle said...

I would purchase the Kleo Binky Blanky Security Blanket it's very pretty =)

shellbell574(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love the Kleo Reversible Shopping Cart Cover - Fits ALL Carts. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I would love to see some car seat covers. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I have your button. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

follow u on twitter. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4012670949

Anonymous said...

I might get the Klio Binky Blanky.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see some Organic Shopping Totes.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via email.

bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

Erin said...

I would get the Sole Paisley Reversible Toddler Apron! How cue is that!

Erin said...

I follow your blog!

ellybean (at) connected2christ.com

Erin said...

RSS Subscriber!

ellybean (at) connected2christ.com

Erin said...

I follow you on twitter (@erinlowmaster)

Unknown said...

tweet. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/4033796060

Alice H said...

I love the chocolate and white damask reversible shopping car cover - thanks! alicedemskehansen at gmail.com

Alice H said...

I follow your blog - alicedemskehansen at gmail.com

Alice H said...

I follow you on twitter - I'm alicedemske - thanks! alicedemskehansen at gmail.com

Alice H said...

I have your button at www.alicedemskehansen.blogspot.com - thanks! alicedemskehansen at gmail.com

Alice H said...

For Amy - I'd love to see sets of your products sold together in the same fabric (like a cart cover, bib, and maybe a blanket or something) - thanks! alicedemskehansen at gmail.com

mommyjen99 said...

I like the Lime Hippo Reversible Child's Art Apron
jen62728@aol.com

Sherrie said...

I too love the chocolate and white damask reversible shopping cart cover! very awesome giveaway! Thanks. I hope I win!
lovethesher@hotmail.com

Trung Nguyen said...

I like the Old Southern Comfort Quilt.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I subscribed via email.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow your blog.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I follow you on twitter.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Belinda M said...

I would get the Blue Zoo Gift Set Bib and Burp Cloth


Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/


bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

Belinda M said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/Prairiebelle/status/4118433996


Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/


bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

Annmarie Weeks said...

I'd love to get the Ooh La La Rhinestone Onesie in pink in size 12 months!

Annmarie Weeks said...

With chillier weather coming, I'd love to see some little infant/toddler personalized jackets!

Annmarie Weeks said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/amweeks/status/4122690239

Metal Momma said...

Baby's Night Out Binky Blanky Security Blanket

Natalie A. said...

I love the Kleo Binky Blanky Security Blanket! Thanks!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4152142908

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I subscribe! THanks!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Blogged! 1
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2009/09/paisley-pineapple-25-gc-giveaway.html

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Blogged! 2
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2009/09/paisley-pineapple-25-gc-giveaway.html

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Blogged! 3
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2009/09/paisley-pineapple-25-gc-giveaway.html

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I think some kid bows would be cute or some ties for boys! Thanks!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I have your button up!
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I posted on Emma Loves Autumn! Thanks! Pretty pictures!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Cherry Blossoms said...

I love the Sole Paisley Reversible Toddler Apron

CherryBlossomsDesign at hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

I would like to see more dresses in more fabrics!

CherryBlossomsDesign at hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

I added you to my technorati favs at CherryBlossomsDesign

CherryBlossomsDesign AT hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

I follow your blog!

CherryblossomsDesign at hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

I follow you on Twitter @CherryBlossBaby

CherryblossomsDesign at hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

I twittered here:

http://twitter.com/CherryBlossBaby/status/4158169642

CherryblossomsDesign at hotmail

Cherry Blossoms said...

Twittered again!
http://twitter.com/CherryBlossBaby/status/4158204529

CherryBlossomsDesign at hotmail

wantsandwishes said...

I have a friend who just had a little girl so I would get this to give to her: Ooh La La Pink Gift Set - Bib and Burp Cloth

Rajee said...

LOVE: Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket

Rajee said...

Leave a comment Swaddlers that make me go aww...1

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4175435043

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Bombtastic Belle said...

There is so much! I love the "Oh la la" bib/burp set, but also the Mocca and Lime Hippo cart covers :)
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Katrina said...

the Sherbet Melange Blanket are super cute

ykatrina at hotmail dot com

Sundi said...

I love the Kleo Reversible Shopping Cart Cover! Thanks!

ksrutledge at hotmail dot com

mscoffee77 said...

I would spend mine on 2 Blue Zoo bibs. I have a friend expecting twins:)

mscoffee77(AT)juno(DOT)com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4321532381

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Brass And Chain said...

I love the Pink Chocolate Lollipop Reversible Maddox Tote!

Brass And Chain said...

I tweeted http://twitter.com/PlutosGiftShop/status/4323241650

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4343965165

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

mogrill said...

I'd like to see cute hair accessories! Thanks for the chance.
mogrill@comcast.net

Michele P. said...

I would get the Hollywood gift set for my grandson, I love the colors!

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/4354415542

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4375985921

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Hamblet Moments said...

I would get the rock star shopping cart cover. It is so cute and a great way to protect babies from germs.

anglechristina@yahoo.com

bison61 said...

I'd get the Blue Zoo Gift Set Bib and Burp Cloth

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4403111479

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4419760514

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I like the pink chocolate tote

Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
jannajanna@hotmail.com
www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

Sarah Bradford-Burton said...

I love this: Morning Glory OOAK Blanket Amy Butler. It's perfect for my little gal.

sarah @ dougandsarah dot NET

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4449164693

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I'd get the Ooh La La Gift Set in Black - Bib and Burp Cloth. I love it!

hebert024 at aol dot com

Terra Heck said...

I'd get the Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/partymix25/status/4463861568
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4466021629

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Rajee said...

would love the red hippo toddler art apron.

Rajee said...

tweeted @momsfocus
pls follow my blog too as I need more followers.

THanks for help Let you know that my 11 fabulous giveaways are going to end tomorrow http://momsfocusonline.com

Natalie A. said...

I commented on the post: Creative Mamas Monday ♥ Crocheted Toddler Beanies With Visor! Thanks!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I commented on the post: The Safe Sporter Winner!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Terra Heck said...

I blogged about the giveaway. #1
http://heckofabunch.blogspot.com/2009/09/great-blog-giveaways-27.html
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

I blogged about the giveaway. #2
http://heckofabunch.blogspot.com/2009/09/great-blog-giveaways-27.html
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

I blogged about the giveaway. #3
http://heckofabunch.blogspot.com/2009/09/great-blog-giveaways-27.html
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4503157320

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4528272409

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4548240252

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Cmath said...

Love the Baby's Night Out Binky Blanky Security Blanket for our black and white nursery!

Happi Shopr said...

Rockstar Shopping Cart Cover for my nephew. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

AEKZ2 said...

I'd love to buy the Pop Garden Reversible Child's Art Apron for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

I'd choose the Baby's Night Out Binky Blanky (black/white). This would be a great gift for the parents of the baby that I am carrying!


THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D atraditionalsurro at comcast dot net

Melanie Montgomery said...

I just love the Sparrow Gift Set - Bib and Burp Cloth!



clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4594332675

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Pamela S said...

I'd get the Kleo toddler pillow I think. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Pamela S said...

I would like to see some hooded towels. I LOVED hooded towels. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Pamela S said...

I'm already a follower on GFC. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Sarah Z said...

Really like the Kleo Binky Blanky!
Thanks
Sarah
believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com

Candie L said...

I like the sock monkey art apron. Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4607309518

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Liz Mays said...

I think I'd get the Baby's Night Out Binky Blanky Security Blanket!
doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

Anonymous said...

I love the Kleo Binky blanket.
fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I would like to see maybe so wipe, or diaper cases.
fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I have you faved on technorati as fefemarie09.
fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on twitter as fefemarie09.
fefebelkin(at)live[dot]com

Julie said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26399890

Tutti Fruiti bib

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

follow blog as jelaws5

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Tammy said...

I follow you on twitter @threedifferent

liliesrnice said...

I like the sole paisley reversible toddler apron.

Kathy P said...

id get the Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket

Kathy P said...

following your blog as klp1965
kathy pease

Kathy P said...

http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4616149867

Erica G said...

I love the Morning Glory Gift Set Bib and Burp Cloth.

egreca (aT) hotmail {dot} com

Tylerpants said...

I'd love to get the cute Blue Zoo Gift Set Bib and Burp Cloth for my son!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

I'd love to see her offer some crayon rolls!
tylerpants(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

I like the pretty Sparrow Bib and Burp Cloth Gift Set! trixpixel(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

I like the pretty Sparrow Bib and Burp Cloth Gift Set! trixpixel(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

It'd be great if she had some splat mats! trixpixel(at)gmail.com

SolDucky said...

I think I would get the Sweet Tooth and Tutti Frutti bibs.

SolDucky said...

http://twitter.com/soluckyducky/status/4618824453

Re said...

how about some flower bows and cute kid hats? :)

cman said...

Baby's Night Out Binky Blanky Security Blanket & Sweet Tooth Bib - Perfect for 1st Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

I would order the Pop Garden Reversible Child's Art Apron. garrettsambo@aol.com

lilyk said...

I would choose the Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket.

lilyk@mail2world.com

lilyk said...

I would like to see oven mitts.

lilyk@mail2world.com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/4625428832

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

flowerchild said...

i would get the Kleo Binky Blanky Security Blanket if i won
thanks

flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com

flowerchild said...

i would love to see amy make little toddler dresses.thanks

athompson said...

i love love love theClaire Melange Blanket!!!!!!!!!!
thompson_tanda@yahoo.com

Renee said...

I like the Giraffe Crossing Stroller Blanket.

Renee said...

I bet she could make some adorable car seat covers.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004