Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Grocery Shopping With Your Kids ♥ Looney Tunes (Giveaway Closed)

Welcome to week four of the Looney Tunes Eating Right Kids Program! The first week I shared my personal challenges getting my toddler to eat healthy, the second week I gave you tips on teaching your kids to make eating healthy a habit, and last week we talked about teaching our kids that "healthy" is not a dirty word!

This week we're going to talk about grocery shopping with our kids!

My daughter is actually not old enough to make grocery shopping too much of a nightmare yet. Meaning she doesn't realize that we are surrounded by good things to eat yet. My main challenges have been going at times when she's happy (mornings), making sure I don't dawdle so long that she starts to get restless and go into meltdown mode, and keeping her from grabbing things off the shelf just because she can.

Right now, I don't have a problem with her begging me for junk food when I know I should buy better snacks for her. Because she can't talk yet. ;-)

So I would love to hear your tips for making shopping trips with your kids easy and positive!

Here are my tips:
  • Make a list before you leave, and stick to it as closely as possible.
  • Let your kids choose their healthy snacks - give them their options and stick to them!
  • Don't shop with a tired or hungry child (don't forget to feed yourself as well)!

Giveaway!

You could win this Looney Tunes Gift Basket Prize!


Items in the basket include:

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 1
Tweety T-shirt from Junk Food
Looney Tunes plush item
Looney Tunes stationary or home good
Eating Right Kids “green” shopping bag from Safeway
Eating Right Kids post card
Eating Right Kids Products (non perishable) in a branded lunch box
Canned Ravioli with Daffy or Microbowl with Tweety
Tri-color Wheat Rotini with Sylvester and Tweety
Apple juice with Taz
Chewy Bar with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner

Please note: If an item listed in the giveaway prize is not available, it will be replaced it with a similar item of equal value.

No PO Boxes - Open to US

How To Enter (mandatory):
Answer this question: How do you make shopping with your kids a positive experience? Please leave your email address in your comment or make sure it's in your profile so I can let you know if you win!


Extra Entries (Optional) (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
  • Comment on any of my Looney Tunes Eating Right posts (links at top of this post), then come back here and tell me which ones you commented on (+1 extra entry each)
  • Answer this question: How do you make shopping with your kids a positive experience?
  • Answer this question: What healthy snacks do you feed your children?
  • Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites/stumble this post (+1 extra entry each)
  • Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
  • Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
  • Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)
  • Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) (+1 extra entry)
  • Tweet this giveaway/share on Facebook (+1 extra entry each) Copy/Paste this:
    Giveaway! Huge Looney Tunes Gift Basket including DVDs, snacks, a t-shirt, and more! http://bit.ly/qMzjO @kindred_spirit
Winner will be drawn on October 1 and notified by email - good luck, everyone!

See complete rules and disclaimers regarding giveaways here.

Don't forget to head over to MomLogic for sample lunch menus, recipes, and tips from nutrition expert Haylie Pomroy! Haylie will be answering reader questions about nutrition and kids on September 14, so if you have any questions for her send them to eatingright (at) wb.com.

You can also enter to win a mega gift basket at MomLogic!

Disclosure: No products were provided to me in exchange for posting about the Looney Tunes Eating Right program, but I will be compensated by Warner Bros. for this series.

Photobucket
Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

200 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Trung Nguyen said...

I always have a list of what to buy handy whenever I go shopping groceries.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I'd like to give them Fiber One cereal bars.

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trung Nguyen said...

I followed you on twitter. (ID: cistran)

trungchem2002(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I try to make shopping with my sons a positive experience by teaching them what things are. My oldest is only 18 months so I only really point at things and say what they and tell him what we are buying. I also use the signs if i know them because we are teaching him sign language also.

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I commented on the first weeks post

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I commented on the second weeks post

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I commented on your third weeks post

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I feed my son bananas, apples, strawberries, and yogurt as snacks.

heather[dot]mcdougle[at]gmail[dot]com

Metal Momma said...

i always let my daughter pick out some of her own snacks.

Angela C said...

I let them help me with my coupons! I am trying to teach them about saving money. So they help me cut out the coupons, organize them, and then they get to find the product in the store that matches the coupons! It's fun!
THANKS!
mycreativecontainers@yahoo.com

5webs said...

Lollypops. I know that it sounds like a bribe, and it is, but it works. We found out the difference between heaven and hell, when we stopped by the bank one day on our way to go shopping. The bank gave us three lollypops (one for each of my kids), and it changed my life. Now I always make sure that I have some in my purse.
Alicia Webster
5webs@comcast.net

5webs said...

Some healthy snacks that my kids love are: marinated tofu sticks, yogurt covered raisins, chocolate covered cranberries, and yogurt mixed with granola.
Alicia Webster
5webs@comcast.net

5webs said...

I follow you on Twitter
Alicia Webster
5webs@comcast.net

5webs said...

I follow you on Twitter
Alicia Webster
5webs@comcast.net

McKim said...

I let my kids help - anything on shelves they can reach I let them get and put in the cart.

Tamara B. said...

I always let the children pick out the fruit and vegetables themselves. They also help me put the itms on the counter for the cashier.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

We always sit down together and make a list, each one of the children have their own little list of items they are responsible for to find and put into the cart. That stops the fighting and it is always a happy trip.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I commented at The first week I shared my personal challenges
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I left a comment at tips on teaching your kids to make eating healthy a habit.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I left a comment at we talked about teaching our kids that "healthy" is not a dirty word! post.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Steph said...

I try to make shopping with my kids a positive experience by leaving for the store prepared and by letting them know what is expected of them when we are at the store. They know they have to behave, and if they do, they are usually rewarded in some way. I am lucky, my kids are pretty well behaved.

TX_Jen34 said...

What healthy snacks do you feed your children?

Organic fruit leathers

TX_Jen34 said...

I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/TX_Jen1634/status/4157414843

techyone said...

My son 'helps' shop. I make him a little grocery list and tell him his item he needs to watch for. I choose an item that he really likes such as soup or mac n cheese. He has to stay beside me and look at the shelves as we go thru to find his item. It keeps him busy and proud to be helping.

slb3334 said...

Let them help find what we need and let them get one thing.

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

How do you make shopping with your kids a positive experience? I get them involved- if its coupons we look for items, the older ones look for cheaper per ounce, etc. We go to the produce and learn what things are and do colors, I get them involved.

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

What healthy snacks do you feed your children? we make smoothies, and lowfat muffins and popcorn.

Stacie said...

I let my kids push the cart. I also let them help make choices. I try to make it fun for us when we are there.

stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

Stacie said...

I follow you on twitter as a49erfangirl

stacie@supermommytotherescue.com

Stacie said...

I tweeted http://twitter.com/a49erfangirl/status/4161558707

Anonymous said...

I bring my son's favorite toy along so that they can ride in the cart together.
gemitan@aol.com

Jill said...

Besides making sure to stick to my list so that we can get in and out, I let them help me find some of the things we are looking for. The littlest one can find her cereal and my oldest can do some actual hunting. Helps keep them involved.

tutucuteforme (at) hotmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I promise to reward them with one item (toy, icecream, fun place to go) When we're done shopping!

panicxduh@yahoo.com

tamathamc said...

I avoid the junk food aisles & buy plenty of fruits & veggies

ky2here said...

Leave them with the sitter out of respect for others in the store.

Jean said...

I have them look for things on my list. They love to.

buzzd said...

We make a list and they help me check off items kind of like a game. Avoid the candy aisles so they are tempted.

samarcy said...

we go to the fresh fruit and vegie section and find something new to try.

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

My 6 yr old likes to explore the aisles. So to get her to stay with me, I have her help me by reading my list and helping pick out the items. ladyhightower@live.com

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

Tech fave. http://technorati.com/faves/LADYHIGHTOWER

Bombtastic Belle said...

When we take my niece/nephew shopping with us, we let them helpus put things in the buggy, and we go with a list so that we don't stay there forever and they get restless.
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Katrina said...

my daughter is 11 months old and extremely high maintanance and I can only go anywhere with her right after she has had her nap and I must have a list...it also helps if I bring a small toy for her to play with

ykatrina at hotmail dot com

scarlette10 said...

Hate to say this-but leave them at home with dad. Pick out only healthy food and only have that to nibble on

KharmaIsis said...

I have three boys who I encourage to eat healthy on a daily basis. I used to go shopping on an as needed basis which was a complete money-suck as well as made for lots of "convenient" unhealthy purchases. Now, I sit them down on Sunday morning, we make a list together and whoever comes up with the most healthy snacks on the list gets to be the "list keeper" while we are in the store and also gets to get one healthy treat (they love fruit so it's usually something more exotic like pineapple or mangoes). Most of the time this helps but they do still ask for the cookies and chips however it makes it easier to say no because there is a plan going in. :-)

KharmaIsis said...

oh, and they love those Nut-Thins instead of chips too!

llinda29 said...

I make the trips short and reward them later for good behavior

Annmarie Weeks said...

My children are getting older now, so they are actually more of a help than anything else at the grocery. However, as a tip I did learn EARLY ON never to take your eyes off your child and/or cart! When she was about 18 months old, my daughter was sitting in the seat. I was almost done shopping & was in the dairy section. I had just put a carton of eggs in the cart & turned back to get something else. i turned in time to see my daughter throwing eggs out of the carton onto the floor! What a mess!

Annmarie Weeks said...

Our shopping experiences now are quite pleasant...I let one child push the cart, the other carries my list. They help to bag the groceries when we're at the checkout!

Annmarie Weeks said...

My children love to eat all kinds of fruit when they get home!

Annmarie Weeks said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/amweeks/status/4299415365

Sue E said...

I make shopping a positive experience by letting my older boys help pick out things they would like to eat. My toddler also gets to help put items in the cart and to help push. Thanks for the chance!

sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

Sunnyvale said...

Give them an allowance and let them buy what they want with it.

souldolphindream said...

They are allowed to pick out a treat at the end if they have behaved in the store. they also are my helpers. My son helps me look for what we need and my daughter holds the list.

souldolphindream@aol.com

souldolphindream said...

My children were given fresh fruit and veggies from a early age so they eat almost any kind of fruit. there favorite is bananas and apples with peanut butter

souldolphindream@aol.com

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

We always eat before going grocery shopping. Each of my children are giving a spending limit (most times 5 dollars each)to spend on their snacks for the week.
This eliminates the I wants or pleases.
They are also allowed to choose a simple meal for a night of the week such as spaghetti or tacos.
Thank you so much for the chance to win.

Jill Myrick (jsc123) said...

Some of the healthy snacks that we love are:

Apples with Peanut Butter and Raw Vegetables with Fat Free Ranch Dip.
Thank you so much for the chance to win.

janetfaye said...

When I take my grandson shopping with me I teach him about the different food products by making it fun.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I always have fresh fruit for my grandson ready when he comes over.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

lsfish said...

I used to let my kids help find things on the list and pick one goody from the check out lane

Cindy said...

I guess I don't really do anything special to make shopping a positive experience. We just sorta have a positive experience with most things that we do! I hope that's a valid answer, because it's all I have.

Cindy said...

Technorati fave: TheRealSpoodles

dmajik at gmail

Kristie said...

I usually try not to take the kids, but if I ahve to I make sure to have brought snacks and talk to them to keep them entertained.

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Carolyn G said...

The best thing is have a plan, know what you need to buy and get in and out asap

cstironkat said...

We go to the farmers market and they like picking out fresh fruit and veggies for their lunches and dinner.

cstironkat said...

For healthy snacks there is string cheese, yogurt, peanut butter and apples, carrots and fruit.

cstironkat said...

I left a comment on your Teaching Kids That "Healthy" is NOT a Dirty Word post.

Kristy said...

I'm organized when I go to the store so I can go as fast as possible and I let them help me so that they don't get too bored!

Kristy said...

I feed my girls lots of fruits and veggies! I also give them whole grain snacks.

Michele P. said...

My daughter loves to save money with coupons, I am teaching her young...lol. So we make a game out of who can save the most with our coupons, or if I have a coupon can she spot the matching product on the shelf and bring it to me... she loves to watch the total go down as they are deducting coupons and runs to find the blinky machines in the store to see what they are offering too.

micaela6955 at msn dot com

Michele P. said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/4354145221

micaela6955 at msn dot com

mogrill said...

I pack fruits and veggies! Thanks for the Chance.
mogrill@comcast.net

Sonya Allstun said...

we make a game out of picking out the best looking fruit and veggies

sallstun
at
hotmail
dot
com

Sonya Allstun said...

of course after they take part in the fun game of picking out the best looking fruits and veggies they love to eat them then since it was the one they picked out

sallstun
at
hotmail
dot
com

AB Smith said...

my son likes to help hold coupons and look for products!

thanks for sponsoring this.

2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

AB Smith said...

http://twitter.com/2kidsblogger/status/4368277109

tweeted

AB Smith said...

2kidsblogger
You are now following A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts

AB Smith said...

my 4 yr old loves fruit and yogurt - a good snack anytime. The 8 yr old is another matter,...

Anonymous said...

I always have a list handy when I go shopping

bison61 said...

I have a list, I say what we need off the shelf and they pick it out and put it into the cart-thats their job!

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

taylorbagels said...

Be positive with them about how fun & important it is to help mommy pick out the food we eat. and By giving them something of mine to hold onto while in the store so they may feel more secure such as a tissue or key and telling them that it is yours and that you want them to have it(of course dont give them anything of real importance as you know how kids loose things).by doing this they feel bonded and important and maybe will act better during the trip, we can only hope so.
electricisland(at)gmail.com

taylorbagels said...

I make it positive by letting them pick one item of their own off the shelf that they really want.

taylorbagels said...

Following you on Twitter (id- electricisland)

taylorbagels said...

I've tweeted, http://twitter.com/electricisland/status/4400323644

krstrpp said...

To make the shopping experience pleasant for everyone, I have the kids help me with the coupons. They organize them and make sure we use as many as possible. As a reward, half of what we save on groceries goes into their piggy banks. It sure beats the usual whining! Thanks for the chance at the awesome prize pack! (krstrpp at hotmail dot com)

Cweller75 said...

I always try to make my shopping a positive experience with my kids by making sure I know exactly, or at least very close to what I am going to the store after. If I'm not sure and I just want to look/shop around I find a friend or relative to go along with me.

cweller75@gmail.com

heaventrees said...

Make them a shopping list too, one with cut out pictures of foods they like but that are good for them too.

idahomom said...

I only take them when I absolutely have to, so it is kind of a novel experience.

kimbly said...

I make an organized list and let the kids pick out one or two healthy snacks for themselves so they feel like they are helping

kimbly at gmail dot com

Daniel M said...

we compare ingredients and whoever finds the healthiest product gets to pick a meal they like - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Unknown said...

I always had my kids "help" me do the shopping. I gave them an assignment, like help me find the juice. It really seemed to help.
jedoggett@embarqmail.com

Unknown said...

I feed my kids lots of healthy snacks including veggies and fruit.
jedoggett@embarqmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow on twitter annedoggett
jedoggett@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

When I make my grocery list I give my son a copy and a pen. That way he can mark off the things as we go. He feels like he is really helping out and it keeps him focused.

hebert024 at aol dot com

Nessa said...

The kids help make out our meal plans and grocery lists. They also help organize our coupons and put them with the list. They love to match coupons with sales and mark things off the list as we go. It turns into a great family time & learning experience. They learn about coupons, getting good deals, price per ounce, and such. Not to mention the math skills they are learning without even realizing. We all enjoy shopping together!

Thanks for the great giveaway!
Nessa(at)TexasHousewife(dot)com

degood said...

I am all about the bribing when i have to get thru the grocery store with all four of them. I let them each pick out one container of yougurt of their choice at the end of the trip if we are done and they have been good and then I let them eat the yougurt once we are home and they have helped me unload the car and put the groceries away.

kerrie@mayansfamily.com

degood said...

My kids like sliced veggies so I will feed them sliced cucumber and hummus or carrot sticks or sugar snap peas.

I also keep cut up fruit in the fridge so it is easy for them to just grab a container of that instead of some junky snack food.

kerrie@mayansfamily.com

degood said...

I added you to my technorati favorites - degood
kerrie@mayansfamily.com

degood said...

I follow your blog

kerrie@mayansfamily.com

degood said...

I tweeted

http://twitter.com/kmayans/statuses/4474539287

kerrie@mayansfamily.com

darlanpaulsmamma said...

i always bring snacks and try and stick to my list so that the shopping experience goes as quick as possible
melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

darlanpaulsmamma said...

i feed my kids fruit - grapes, blueberries, bananas, oranges and string cheeses and yogurt
melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

darlanpaulsmamma said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/lovinmykiddos/status/4474863160
melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

Brooke said...

I always give each child their own shopping list. they have fun and are actually a big help.

natebrooke@yahoo.com

Brooke said...

i tweeted about the giveaway.
http://twitter.com/Brookehig

Honey + Lime said...

I make shopping with MJ a positive experience by involving him in the trip. I have him select items, tell me which ones he likes the best, and ask him to identify colors, shapes and other fun stuff. I also let him run down store aisles that are empty... :)

Honey + Lime said...

I feed my childern the following healthy snacks: carrots w/ranch, raisins, bananas, pineapples, and other great fruits and veggies.

Honey + Lime said...

Commented on Tips for getting your child to eat healthy post

hmmmm1977 said...

I have to keep my two girls super involved when we go shopping or the breakdowns begin. So we play counting games, I spy and let the girls pick the fruit. It helps them learn while we shop and me stay sane!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway!...I would love to win... =D

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves to oversee the list. Her job is to check off the items as we put them in the cart.

one18fifteen@aol.com

Wehaf said...

Shop the outside aisles; the inner ones have processed food and aren't good for you!

urchiken at gmail dot com

grannyvon said...

I look through the sale papers and pick the grocery store who has the most sale items I would use and the healthy snacks if there are any, I make a list of the ones I want to buy. Before going to the grocery store, my kids sit down with me and tell one thing they like and I get it for one nights meal. Most of the time its chicken fingers or spagetti. They I let them choose a snack from the list I have made. Each one gets a pick and know that is the only one I will let them pick up. They know that they have to share with each other and pick something both like. Baby carrants are always the first pick. They alternate on who picks first. Then they mostly pick celery and peanut butter. They love these. I then give them the money to pay for what they pick and they get to keep the change they get back to put in their piggy banks. This also teaches them to save. Oh, yes before they put their money in, we figure up their tithe of the money and this they save for Sunday offering. This is another thing I teach them. I have never had a problem with them wanting other things because it has become a weekly thing with them.Thanks for the entry. ybutler@oppcatv.com

grannyvon said...

I follow and want the extra entry. Thanks ybutler@oppcatv.com

grannyvon said...

I think that making shopping fun for them because they are shopping and paying for their health snack is a positive thing. ybutler@oppcatv.com

grannyvon said...

Both kids love baby carrents.For a movie night they get popcorn. Thanks ybutler@oppcatv.com

Melanie said...

I don't have children of my own yet, but when I take my nieces shopping, I usually wait until they are asleep, and they are easily toted around the store in the cart. If I go when they are awake, I would chasing them around the whole time.


clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

denyse said...

I'm lucky my kids love shopping. I alway let them tell me what they like.

denyse_g@hotmail.com

Angela said...

I always give them a job. They can handle the coupons or get items off the shelves they can reach. If they have something to do they tend to behave.

Anonymous said...

My kids love shopping with me because they know that they'll get something special, too!

mzpaw@yahoo.com

Amy said...

Either I let my two year old stay in the truck with daddy or I don't make it too long and I interact with him. My mil tends to spends hours and hours - literally shopping and when my little one acts up she thinks he should be wallopped. Well I want to act up too when stuck in Walmart for hours - gives me a migraine!

Jinxy and Me said...

Let your kids cross items off the shopping list as they are put in the cart.

Amy delong said...

well usually some juice,snack or a toy for pain free shopping!

ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

Tylerpants said...

My son is small so we don't have much problems. He tends to like to chew on the handle (EW!) so I bring a shopping cart cover. I also bring snacks for him or else he wants to get out of the cart.

tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

Thank goodness my son eats everything so I have no problems with him eating healthy since I'm picking out everything he eats. As he gets older, I suppose my husband & I will have to eat junk food while he's sleeping!

tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Pamela S said...

I think it helps if they get to "pick" a few items. So I'll tell my kids they can each pick one fruit they like, or one box of cereal they like (within reason),etc. Or sometimes I'll have them pick a "meal" they want, then they'll get to help pick out the ingredients for that. Any way to keep them busy!

Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Pamela S said...

I think you can make it positive by using it as an opportunity to do some fun teaching. For younger children identifying the colors of foods, or counting how many tomatoes you're putting in the bag, etc. With older children figuring out which is a better deal price wise or looking at the nutritional content on back. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Pamela S said...

My children's healthiest snack is fresh fruit. we keep a bowl or two out at all times for snacking. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Shawn said...

I always let them pick out a healthy item to eat at the end of the shopping trip if they have been well behaved.

shawn113(at)hotmail(dot)com

Happi Shopr said...

we take a list and play i spy to make it more fun. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

JACLYN said...

I try to keep the shopping trip short and sweet. I don't always bring a list, but I go after the kids have eaten and get them somethings yummy (snacks!) to have afterwards.
firstrosegrrl@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I like to be prepared ahead of time! I use coupons, so when I get an item I know I have a coupon for, I let my daughter sort through them until she finds the right one. It keeps her busy! Another thing I do is have my kids get items for me! (In the same aisle)

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

Well, I'm with you on making a list also. Make sure they eat before we go too so they aren't hungry.

kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

We have healthy snacks like fresh fruit. Also granola bars.

kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/09/httpkindredspiritreviewsblogspotcom2009_30.html#comments

blogged
#1
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/09/httpkindredspiritreviewsblogspotcom2009_30.html#comments

blogged
#2
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/2009/09/httpkindredspiritreviewsblogspotcom2009_30.html#comments

blogged
#3
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/4510428880

tweeted
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

mail4rosey said...

I give my daughter a five dollar limit before we go to the store. She is ten-years old, and she really enjoys being able to spend that money. Of course, she changes her mind a bazillion times before we get to the checkout, but she likes to do that, and it makes shopping very positive.

msurosey@yahoo.com

Charity S said...

My son writes our grocery list. Thanks

charisscharity [at] yahoo [dot] com

Charity S said...

My son love fruits,veggie snacks, and granola bars.

Charity S said...

tweet.

http://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/4512592796

charisscharity [at] yahoo [dot] com

Leslie S. said...

I have the old kids(11and 9) help make the grocery list.My 7 yr old son helps count the items when we put them in the buggy.I have also started teaching the older ones how to figure out price per ounce.Thanks!

trixx said...

I always brings snacks or toys for my daughter to play with when I shop or else she gets restless! trixpixel(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

I feed my daughter healthy snacks like yogurt, cheese sticks and veggie sticks w/hummus. trixpixel(at)gmail.com

Sonya said...

I have the kids help me check off the list. It keeps them calmer and helps their reading skills!

Brooke said...

They help make the list... carry the list (sometimes they don't want too)... and for some items they get to get the item and put it in the cart... Even with my 1 year old we let her drop in things..

Tracysweetangl said...

I let the kids help when I am shopping. So that make them happy.

Tracysweetangl said...

The kids love to eat fruit! Like banana's and grape's and apple's.

dvice12 said...

I try to involve them in the shopping by having them help me read the shopping list

cman said...

I give them coupons to hold and they have to find the product in the store as we're walking down the aisles.

Kathy P said...

i usually bring a small pad of paper and a crayon so they can draw while sitting in the cart

Kathy P said...

for snacks they love all kinds of fruits

Kathy P said...

http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/4518605128

Jayfr said...

I like to let the kids chose some foods for our family. They love picking dogfood for the dog!

Mishia said...

I let them get 1 to 2 things each if they have been good.

Anonymous said...

I've found it's a good time to explain the cost of things. I have two six year olds and a five year old. I go through many of the products we buy, and explain how this is $5 and show them what five dollars is. We've also gone home and counted out quarters to show them how many it takes for five dollars to buy that package of cookies they always want, etc.

:) Thanks. atraditionalsurro at comcast dot net

Donna said...

I talk to them about prices and values.
donna444444@yahoo.com

Donna said...

They like fresh fruits and carrots.
donna444444@yahoo.com

Donna said...

I follow you on twitter. (donnak4)
donna444444@yahoo.com

Gina said...

I always let them help me with the list, coupons and getting the groceries and always explain WHY we're not getting that junk that they always ask for and what we'll get instead lol

Gina said...

Healthy snacks: apples, cheese sticks, bananas, celery, baby carrots, light ranch or peanut butter to dip!

Gina said...

Fav'd on Technorati (lyricandariasmom)

Gina said...

I follow you on twitter (wrestlingaddict)

Gina said...

Made a tweet; http://twitter.com/wrestlingaddict/status/4530832317

Gina said...

shared on facebook (facebook.com/ginaturner)

Renee said...

I give her a book or toy to play with while I'm shopping and I make sure she is not hungry or tired when I go. Otherwise, I leave her at home with Dad!

Renee said...

My daughter likes to eat mandarin oranges, grapes, any kind of fruit really, popcorn, Cheerios, or low sugar yogurt for a snack.

Janet and Maya said...

We spend alot of time in the fresh produce section. I let my daughter pick out something to eat right then (apples are a fave). We talk about the different kinds of fruits and veggies. Sometimes we find a new one that we haven't tried before. I even try to teach her to weigh things on the scale.
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

healthy snacks -

I try for raw fruits and veggies especially blueberries and carrots (not together!).
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I subscribe by email
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I follow your blog publicly
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I faved on technorati, I'm mom2maya
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I'm following you on twitter, I'm janetmom2maya
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I tweeted
http://twitter.com/janetmom2maya/status/4543754786
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

Janet and Maya said...

I blogged
http://giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com/2009/10/ends-10109.html
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net
#1

Janet and Maya said...

I blogged
http://giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com/2009/10/ends-10109.html
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net
#2

Janet and Maya said...

I blogged
http://giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com/2009/10/ends-10109.html
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net
#3

Janet and Maya said...

button at www.giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net


I hope I'm lucky ;) what's up doc?

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004