Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dental Guilt, Faithful Flossing (or NOT), and Shame Shame Shame!


Don't you just love the dentist?

Sarcasm is just oozing from that statement, isn't it? ;-)

So I went to the dentist this morning - the first time since Emma was born. So over a year. The news was not good, folks. I had three cavities and one of them had progressed enough that it's likely I'll need a root canal. How sad is that? I'm sad. It'll be my first root canal ever and, if I have anything to say about it, my LAST.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not a faithful flosser. It's never been a huge priority in my life, and now I'm feeling it. Especially since I saw how much we're going to have to PAY out of pocket for this procedure. Are you kidding me? I didn't even pay that much for my camera! Do you know how many books I could buy with that? I wonder if it would be cheaper to have them pull the tooth and just leave a big hole in my mouth, lol. It would be a good lesson and reminder that if I don't floss I'll be toothless by the time I'm 30. *huff*

Too bad I'm too vain. ;-)

Does everyone feel the same shame I feel when you're lying in that dentist's chair, having two (maybe three) people peer into your mouth? And not to mention those x-rays. There are NO secrets. Every time you forgot to brush your teeth or floss? Your dentist knows. And now you know. Consequences. Ugh.

I know, I know - I'm getting way too into this, lol. I shouldn't feel so... embarrassed, I guess. I mean, everyone has cavities at some point in their life. Right?

I'm so not looking forward to having to take Emma to the dentist...


but at least I can try to show her how important flossing and dental hygiene is early.

Speaking of which, she's cutting another tooth! Bottom right. She isn't a happy camper about it. So yeah, both of us had dental drama today. Funny.

Okay I've got to go now...

*runs off to floss*


Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

cwalker said...

I know the feeling...it seems that both times I have gotten pregnant the sweet tooth caused some dental problems for me! Don't worry about what they think though...they see a LOT of people with very bad mouths compared to yours :-)
Thanks for reminding me...I need to schedule my next cleaning...argh.
-Chancy

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004