Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bug and Pickle Review and Giveaway ($50 GC!)

There's really nothing like a good belly creme after giving birth, is there? Come to think of it, there's nothing like a good belly creme while you're pregnant and your skin is being stretched way beyond what you think could possibly be normal. Bug and Pickle (that name is SO cute - I just want to keep saying it out loud) has a wonderful line of products especially for the belly along with other mummy-pampering and baby-pampering goodies!

About Bug and Pickle:

While they have come a long way from their first business venture (selling corn from their wagon as little girls) sisters Kim (Bug) and Nicole (Pickle) did resurrect their childhood nicknames when it came time to label their range of body products created just for mums and babes.

The idea behind Bug & Pickle is that lotions and potions for new mums and Kim and Nicole their little ones can combine practical uses (what parent hasn't battled diaper rash?) and wholesome ingredients (beeswax anyone?) with a sense of fun that makes using the products, or giving them as a gift, a real delight.

While the mum and babe products are a relatively new endeavour, Kim and Nicole are no strangers to the world of personal care. In 1997 the sisters opened Bloom Essentials Spa in Vancouver, Canada and they haven’t looked back since. With little business experience, but lots of moxie, Kim and Nicole have created a unique and successful spa environment that constantly wins reader's choice awards in local newspapers.

After years spent dreaming of a Bug & Pickle launch, the sisters are tickled pink (or should that be pickled tink?) to finally have their lovely products on the market. They’re sure the mums and babes will be overjoyed as well!

I love that the name Bug and Pickle came from childhood nicknames, don't you?



Thanks to Bug and Pickle, I was able to try Belly Firm (sounds like something I NEED). I like how they describe it:
Your new little one is your bundle of joy, but your postnatal tummy is a bundle of jelly. Bug & Pickle’s Belly Firm harnesses the power of essential oils and vitamins to tighten up stretched skin and reduce the appearance of any stretch marks or c-section scars.

I'm really into essential oils and herbs right now, and this cream doesn't disappoint! First of all, it smells heavenly - a blend of mandarin, grapefruit, patchouli, and jasmine. It is creamy in a whipped cream kind of way and makes my skin sooo soft without being greasy. The directions say to "Massage Belly Firm daily into tummy, hips, and bottom for post-delivery skin firming and improved appearance of stretch marks and C-section scarring." I like to use it on my hands, too. Now I don't really think I can just sit back in my comfy couch, feast on bon-bons, and apply Belly Firm to make my skin look perfect (though it does contain Vitamin C and E, which are proven to help repair skin), but there's something about using this that makes me feel so pampered and relaxed. That's something I think a lot of moms forget to do after giving birth. I know I did. Until now, that is. :-) I'm appreciative that Bug and Pickle reminded me that a little pampering can go a long way!

Bug and Pickle also sent me their Head-to-Toe Baby Wash and Diaper Gel to try out. I loved both! The Baby Wash is soothingly scented with lavender and is sulfate-free and PH balanced so it's gentle on babies eyes. Emma smells SO good after her bath.

The diaper gel is light and non-sticky - I'm sure it feels refreshing for baby. Essential oils of lavender, yarrow and blue chamomile help to reduce redness and irritation. It can also be used on cuts, burns, bug bites, and sunburn. Gotta love multi-use baby products!

After trying the Belly Firm, Diaper Gel, and Head-to-Toe Baby Wash, I'm encouraged to try their other products as well! I've heard very good things about their Teething Oil and Tummy Trouble and intend to try them next.

Buy it!

Bug and Pickle is generously offering 20% off any order for my readers! Just use the code "kindredspirit" when ordering. :-)

Win it!

Bug and Pickle want to give a lucky winner a $50 gift certificate to use at their store! How envious I am! :-)

♥ Mandatory Entry ♥

Go to Bug and Pickle and look around, then come back here and tell me in a comment what you would like to try.


♥ Extra Entries (Optional) ♥

Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry

♥ Subscribe to the Bug and Pickle Newsletter (+1 extra entry)
♥ Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites (button in right sidebar) (+1 extra entry)

♥ Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
♥ Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
♥ Place the "Bamboo for Baby" giveaway button (top right sidebar) in your sidebar and leave the link in a comment (+1 extra entry)
♥ Blog about this giveaway (+2 extra entries)
♥ Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (+2 extra entries and if you tweet once a day you get one entry for every tweet)


Winner will be drawn using random.org on May 25. I'll email the winner, who will have three days to get back to me with an address. :-)



Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)


Share/Save/Bookmark

76 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Unknown said...

I would love to try the scalp oil out. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe to bug and pickle. amsbolda@hotmamil.com

Unknown said...

I follow on twitter and tweeted. 1amypugmire.

Sara said...

I like the diaper gel and baby butter
saradavis1 at gmail

Sara said...

follow twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1688392487 #1

Sara said...

follow twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1688392487 #2

Belinda M said...

I would choose the The Essentials Gift Pack

"Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Fun:
CoolCanucks.ca"

Belinda M said...

I am a new follower

"Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Fun:
CoolCanucks.ca"

Belinda M said...

I am an email subscriber

"Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Fun:
CoolCanucks.ca"

Money Savin' Momma said...

I would like to try the Essential Gift pack (yup, the whole thing, lol). :)

Erin Lowmaster said...

I subscribed to their newsletter.

ellybean (at) connected2christ (dot) com
http://www.connected2christ.com

Veronica said...

I would love to have the The Essentials Gift Pack. Thanks for a great giveaway :)

rebecca said...

I think I would choose the Essentials gift pack or a hooter hider!

gitrecca at gmail dot com

Ashley said...

I would want to try the belly rub now and the belly firm in 10 weeks after my baby girl is born!

Simply Being Mommy said...

I'd love to try the Belly Firm.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Simply Being Mommy said...

Your blog is in my Technorati Faves!

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Jinxy said...

I want the Teething Oil. We are heading down that road very soon I think.

Anonymous said...

i'd love to try the scalp oil- my son had terrible cradle cap and i need something for my new baby in case she gets it too!

Pam said...

I would like to try the scalp oil for my little one.

melacan at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I would like to try the Belly Firm and the Sweetie b Small Blanket in blue flower. Thanks.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm an e-mail subscriber.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Bebemiqui said...

I want to try the scalp oil.
bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sara said...

I would love to try the Belly Rub and the Belly Firm.

Mary A said...

I would love to try the Beeswax Baby Soap on my little guy. Thanks for the giveaway.

Kristie said...

I would really love to try the Belly Firm!

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Lo said...

I would love to try the Head-to-Toe Body Wash. Thanks!

Lo said...

Here's my tweet (I am a follower): http://twitter.com/prizealert/status/1769028120

Sarah C said...

baby butter. the sweetie b blankets are darling.
momofnoah (at) hotmail (dot) com

lace said...

I'd love to try the beeswax baby soap.

nightowl said...

I like the The Essentials Gift Pack
and the Sweetie b blanket in pink is cute.

nightowl said...

I subscribe to Bug and Pickle's newsletter.

Lisa w said...

I like the Sweetie b Big Blanket. Thanks. angel_2417@yahoo.com

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

I would love to try the Belly Cream, Teething Oil and the Baby Butter. All of the products wound so wonderful. Thanks for the chance to win.

prpldy (at) comcast.net

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

I subscribe to your blog with email subscription.

Thanks for the chance to win this great prize.

prpldy (at) comcast.net

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

I follow your blog publicly

prpldy (at) comcast.net

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

I follow you on twitter... user name PRPLDY and tweeted:

http://twitter.com/prpldy/status/1817470977

prpldy (at) comcast.net

Deb K said...

I would love to try the Head-to-Toe Baby Wash!

Deb K said...

Subscribed to the newsletter

deb55106@yahoo(dot)com

Stephanie said...

Sweetie B Small Blanket is what i would order!

Erin said...

#2 Blogged here: http://connected2christ.com/theblog/2009/05/giveaways-worth-checking-out/

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the head to toe body wash.

denise_22315(at)yahoo(dot)com

ethnically ambiguous said...

I would love to try the belly cream & the belly firm. I wish I would have known about these for the birth of my son

A Family Completed... said...

I would love to try out the Belly Firm!
Thanks for the entry
tonyamcrain [at] aol.com

Xenia said...

After having my second child, the Belly Firm cream has my name all over it!

Thanks!
xpsundell(at)gmail(dot)com

Katie S. said...

I would try the Essentials Gift Pack!

havalittlcourage@yahoo.com

Jennifer said...

I would like to try the beeswax baby soap!

jls_wss2003 at yahoo dot com

Keitha said...

The belly cream and body butter are two items I would love to try

email:keithadanielle AT yahoo DOT com

Reiza said...

The Beeswax baby soap sounds great. I'd love to try that.
YiddishBitterRose at gmail dot com

Reiza said...

I follow publicly.
YiddishBitterRose at gmail dot com

Reiza said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/ReizaM/status/1916785390
YiddishBitterRose at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Would love to try the beeswax soap.
renee
yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004