Kindred Spirit Mommy has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kindredspiritmommy.com
and update your bookmarks.

We've moved! Please change your bookmarks to www.kindredspiritmommy.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Learning Curve Review and GIVEAWAY!


When choosing toys for our little ones, it's important to pick toys that will stimulate young minds, are age-appropriate, and that help develop motor skills and dexterity. Learning Curve has a great selection of toys that are all of the above as well as fun, bright and colorful, and sure to put a smile on a child's face!


Thanks to the awesome people at Learning Curve, I was able to review two new toys - the Stack, Roll, and Crawl ball, and Elephantunes.

Stack, Roll, and Crawl Ball (9 months and up):



This is Emma's favorite toy by far now! I bought her one of those regular $5 plastic ring stackers about six months ago and she hardly touched it. But this toy she won't leave alone! The Stack, Roll, and Crawl Ball can be stacked in many different ways, including round like a ball and like a cube (above). Emma is a year old and I think this is the perfect toy for babies around her age - younger babies will love the bright colors and the different shapes while toddlers will like to experiment, building the stacker in different ways. And of course any child enjoys rolling a ball around. I love that Emma keeps going back to this toy to play with it (a wonderful diversion!). When we first received it, she happily spent her time learning to put the stacker together. Now she's a pro and can stack it with no problem - I'm quite the proud mommy! :-)

How it works:

This toy stays together magnetically - the blue rattle "lid" has a magnet in it that holds the toy together. The magnet is strong enough to roll the ball around as long as you aren't super rough with it. My daughter throws it straight up into the air on purpose so that it will come apart and she can put it back together (see video below) so it doesn't bother her at all. If the magnet were any stronger, she wouldn't be able to take the "lid" off by herself. I think this toy is well-made and a lot of fun.



Video demonstration

The Stack, Roll, and Crawl Ball is a winner, I love it! I would recommend it to friends with toddlers with no hesitation. And at $18.99, it's a great deal!



Elephantunes Elephant (Birth and up):

This soft stuffed elephant is so cute! It can hang on the side of the crib or on baby's car seat, and has a soft vanilla scent. It's ears make a crinkly paper sound that babies love so much, and the backs of the ears are patterned black and white. Squeeze each leg and a different note plays - a great way for babies to learn about making their own music in an adorable elephant package. A little chart is even included showing which color leg to squeeze to play a few different parts of nursery rhymes.

Emma's Reaction:

Emma isn't quite sure what to do with this toy yet. She hasn't figured out how to play the notes, but I think when she does catch on, she'll really enjoy it. For now, she gives me a huge grin when I make music for her and grabs the elephant in a bear hug.


Video demonstration

Awesome Learning Curve Links:

Learning Curve Community (I found some great articles and they even have forums!)
Enter the Play and Learn Sweepstakes (enter often!)
Check out their Great Deals page


Now for the Giveaway!

Learning Curve is generously giving away BOTH the Stack, Roll, and Crawl Ball AND Elephantunes to two lucky people! That's right, there will be two winners who will receive both of these toys!

Rules:

Go to Learning Curve and take a look around, then come back and tell me in a comment which product(s) interest you. Giveaway open to US only.

Extra Entries
(Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):

♥ Stumble/Technorati
this giveaway (you can use toolbar at the bottom of this post) (+1 extra entry each)
♥ Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
♥ Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
Place the "Bamboo for Baby" giveaway button (top right sidebar) in your sidebar and leave the link in a comment (+1 extra entry)
♥ Blog about this giveaway (+2 extra entries)
Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (+2 extra entries and if you tweet once a day you get one entry for every tweet)


Winner will be drawn using random.org on May 21. I'll email the winner, who will have three days to get back to me with an address. :-)

Visit the 31 Bloggers in 31 Days Blog Party at MomDot.Com for more giveaways!



Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)

Share/Save/Bookmark

183 kindred spirits expressed their thoughts:

Unknown said...

I love the Diego Rainforest Set. They have so many great brands.

Unknown said...

I have your Bamboo for Baby" giveaway button at macmomof3.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I follow u on twitter and here's my tweet http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1647492177

Kim said...

I know my son would love this: Animal Sounds Pal - Puppy

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1648185318

Unknown said...

I like the animal sound pals especially the cat. They are cute!

Anonymous said...

We already have the Stack/Roll/Crawl Ball, and DS LOVES it!!! I really think it helped him crawl faster. Even my 3-yo DS plays with it. :)

We'd love to win the Elephantunes!! Thanks!

I would want to try the Kickin' Coaster with baby #3. It would've been perfect for my LO, but he's too big for it now. :)

clenna said...

I found the Kickin' Coaster very interesting. I've never seen anything like this.

Jinxy said...

I think my kiddo would love the Kickin' Coaster

Jinxy said...

tweet http://twitter.com/Jinxyisms/status/1649306490

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

tweeted thanks!
http://twitter.com/FlyingGiggles/status/1650017682

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

following on twitter and tweeted
http://twitter.com/FlyingGiggles/status/1650017682

2

Simply Being Mommy said...

I think the Animal Sounds Hay Ride would be perfect for P.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Simply Being Mommy said...

Stumbled your post.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Simply Being Mommy said...

Your in my Technorati Faves.

crystal_reagan at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I love the Mrs. Goodbee Talking Dollhouse. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

tweet #2. 1amypugmire. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

OMG I really really want the Mrs. Goodbee Talking Dollhouse. How coolis that.

Unknown said...

#1 I am following you on twitter and I tweeted.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1651989069

Unknown said...

#2 I follow you on twitter and tweeted.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1651989069

Sara said...

The mipump looks so cool. I wish I had that when I was nursing.
saradavis1 at gmail

Sara said...

follow on twitter and tweeted it http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1653825160

Sara said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1653825160 #2

Unknown said...

I tweeted for you.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1658693780

Kim said...

today's tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1659859938

furygirl3132 said...

Such great things here! I really love the Balancing Bug Stackers and the Chime Garden. so cute and would be perfect for my little girl. Thanks so much for such a wonderful giveaway!

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

furygirl3132 said...

Added you to my Technorati favorites (furygirl3132).

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

furygirl3132 said...

I am following your blog (furygirl3132) and I am an email subscriber.

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

furygirl3132 said...

I am following you on Twitter (furygirl3132) and I tweeted:http://twitter.com/furygirl3132/status/1662584266

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

peg42 said...

The Peek-a-boo Phone looks like something my son would love. Thanks so much for this giveaway.

clc408 said...

I think the Monkey See, Monkey Zoo and the Peekaboo, I Love You books are adorable. Thanks for the chance.

Kim said...

tweeted! http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1670100980

The Dreamer said...

These look fantastic. I also like the
Build Along Electronic Activity Tool Bench


addeviant006 at gmail dot com

clynsg said...

The Fun Mirror Crawl Toy looks as if it would keep a baby occupied for some time.

clynsg at yahoo.com

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I want the Elephantunes like now! Okay, within the next four months. I need it! I really really do!

Okay. Looking at the Learning Curve website, which product interests me. Um. Well. Everything? Is that a valid answer? Probably not, specifically, I choose the following:

Octotunes! Puppytunes! Eeyore Tunes! Lumpy Tunes! Okay, I admit it, there is a theme. I'm musical what can I say. I hope this little girl in the womb will be too. *grin*

Unknown said...

I tweeted today:

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1674571068

Heidi Gail said...

I love the real phone. It will be perfect for my grandson at the beginning of next year.

Unknown said...

I tweeted:

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1681602833

Pamela S said...

I think the John Deere sippy cups would be so cute for a little boy!

pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

cstironkat said...

I like the Spin & Explore the Sea Gym. Thank you for the great giveaway.

Unknown said...

I tweeted.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1691128487

Anna C said...

I would love the Lamaze Mom-to-Be Gift Set.
acs0427 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Sylvia said...

The Chime Garden looked fun.
sylviawhit@gmail.com

Rachael said...

I'm definitely going to have to look into getting my daughter the Super Duper Sketch Computer! It is really cool and perfect for my creative 16 month old.

Anonymous said...

Percy and The Carnival Thomas The Train Set.

Deborah
comfortjoydesignsATgmailDOTcom

Michigan addy ready.

Heather said...

Wow! I love their products but I didn't realize how many new things they have now! My four year old would love the Diego Rainforest Rescue Set!

Lori said...

The Alpha Pig Action Figure from Super Why would be a big hit with my daughter, but my son would love these giveaway toys!
lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com

Veronica said...

I would love to try the Stack/Roll/Crawl Ball for my little man. It looks like he would have a lot of fun with it. Thanks for a great giveaway :)

rebecca said...

I like the True Fit car seat in blue aurora. This looks like a wonderful seat!

gitrecca at gmail dot com

Holly said...

the balancing bugs are so adorable. thanks for the chance!

~ Doreen said...

Oh Wow! My son LOVES SuperReaders, so any of those items would be wonderful for him - I didn't know they made them.

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1696453615

Unknown said...

I tweeted and Happy Monday.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1697488373

Anonymous said...

The Balancing bugs are really cute!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

mogrill said...

The Diego Rainforest set is really neat. Thanks for the chance. mogrill@comcast.net

abby said...

I would like Thomas the train's 5 in 1 track set.

sweetsue said...

Emma is adorable!I love the Baking Cookies grandma doll. The detail is perfect!
smchester at gmail dot com

sweetsue said...

I am following on Blogger!
smchester at gmail dot com

sweetsue said...

I added your button to my sidebar!
smchester at gmail dot com

Alice said...

I love the Mrs. Goodbee talking dollhouse.

Anonymous said...

One product I like is the Deluxe Talking Toolbelt Set. Thanks.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm an e-mail subscriber.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Aimee said...

I like the Happily Ever After Alphabet Puzzle

amccray said...

I like the Super Why line of products they have. I haven't seen these toys anywhere else I have shopped.

amccray123 at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I tweeted, Happy Tuesday!!

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1708046353

BritLee said...

The balancing bugs are adorable..who knew bugs could be so cute!
gapgirl_248(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I like the Role Play Set - Super WHY!

Unknown said...

I follow you on twitter and tweeted. Happy Humpday.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1723695241

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1738214980

Unknown said...

I tweeted. Happy TGIF

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1739426581

Unknown said...

I tweeted. Happy Saturday!

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1748359868

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1749096462

Unknown said...

I tweeted again. Happy Mother's Day!

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1755875607

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1758211315

Mary A said...

I think my little guy would also eventually enjoy the Big Red Barn Playset. Thanks for the giveaway.

Unknown said...

RT http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1771477861
Thanks

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1774426979

Unknown said...

RT http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1785450545

wigget said...

i like the "Jeremy and the Airfield" Set

Buki Family said...

i think my son would enjoy the Animal Sounds Hay Ride toy.

Kelly said...

I've been looking at the True Fit car seat... we're going to need another convertible soon. So I was already interested in that. And we have a great collection of Thomas that we're always adding to. :-) I didn't know they have Super Why character figures! 6 months ago that would have been HUGE around here, but now my son says he's "grown out" of the show (he's only 5). He'll probably get into it again later. :-)

Heather R said...

I love the Balancing Bug Stackers.

hrracer@verizon.net

mel said...

Ooo I like the balancing bug stackers!

mdhohn(at)msn(dot)com

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1794238072

Linda said...

My niece would love the Mrs. Goodbee Talking Dollhouse! How cute!
lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Sherry R said...

My favorite is the Ertl Farm Country Two-Story House Playset!

jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

Sherry R said...

I'm a follower!

jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

Sherry R said...

I'm following you on Twitter (SherryR2) and tweeted: http://twitter.com/SherryR2/status/1800430437

jnkrim (at) qwestoffice (dot) net

Unknown said...

RT http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1800996822
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I tweeted.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1801304177

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1805369864

Unknown said...

5/15 RT http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1811093844

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1816874718

bison61 said...

I like the John Deere Mighty Trike

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Aisling said...

Celeste the Sun from Lamaze looks like a delightful toy for baby.

Life Is A SandCastle said...

I'm in love with the Kickin' Coaster.

mccullar07@yahoo.com

Life Is A SandCastle said...

I'm following. Thanks 4-x chance.

mccullar07@yahoo.com

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1828530494

Pat said...

I like the Discovery Farm soft book.
pkildow at gmail dot com

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1837453427

haomom said...

Build Along Electronic Activity Tool Bench is my fav

zeitersouth said...

I loved the Role Play Set - Super WHY! My 4 year old loves to watch Super WHY and it is such an educational program, I never have to worry about what he will see!

carbilcole at hotmail dot com

Kim said...

tweet http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1846516189

covercover said...

I like First Rattle

ktanjatk(at)gmail(dot)com

Happi Shopr said...

my nephew would love the Diego Rainforest Set. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I love Mrs Goodbee Interactive doll house I think my daughter would love it as well

Rhonda Clemens said...

The Mrs Goodbee Interactive doll house is adorable, and something my daughter would love to own!

Thanks for the GREAT giveaway!

clemensrhonda@hotmail.com

Amy said...

so many fun toys for toddlers! I liked the Take Along Sodor Airport Playset

bloggytreasures said...

I love the balancing bug stackers!
quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

bloggytreasures said...

Following on twitter and Tweeted! http://twitter.com/quelleheure4/status/1860232240

Sheila R said...

I love any of the Thomas wooden railway things! Especially James!
ilovebabynoah707@yahoo.com

Mika said...

The Spin & Explore the Sea Gym looks like so much fun! mikaroni at gmail dot com

Mika said...

I stumbled this. mikaroni at gmail dot com

Mika said...

I'm a subscriber. mikaroni at gmail dot com

Mika said...

I'm a follower. mikaroni at gmail dot com

Mika said...

I'm following you on Twitter (@ryuminji). mikaroni at gmail dot com

Mika said...

Tweet http://twitter.com/ryuminji/status/1861517127
mikaroni at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I like the Dreams-in-Sight Mobile

donna at optilink dot us

Kathy P said...

i love the Sesame Street Sculpted Flatware Set

Tammy said...

I like the Bob the Builder Build Along Electronic Activity Tool Bench

Kate said...

The Baking Cookies grandma doll looks awesome!

strycker@slu.edu

souldolphindream said...

Mrs. Goodbee Interactive Dollhouse would make a awesome gift for my daughter on her birthday

souldolphindream@aol.com

thanks so much

Unknown said...

I tweeted on May 20th.

http://twitter.com/lovemy2doggies/status/1865630045

Kim said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/kgail11/status/1865811620

cman said...

I love the Spin & Explore the Sea Gym :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Big Red Barn Playset. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

Bakersdozen said...

I like the Percy and the Carnival Set . vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

Donna said...

I would like the Take Along Sodor Airport Playset.
donna444444@yahoo.com

Donna said...

I follow on twitter, and I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/donnak4/status/1868337816

Anonymous said...

I like the Busy Bug toy
digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Blogger
digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

Xenia said...

I think the John Deere Alphabet Puzzle looks like so much fun!

Thanks!
xpsundell(at)gmail(dot)com

Andrea B said...

A Safety Gate interests me, because we will need to get 1 or 2 of those very soon. The Soft Trainer Seat for toilet training would be something we would get.

dearandrea
at sbcglobal. net

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=aad592068f63fa90a45f66cc3106d004